2 faces of Yachting World..

warrior40

Visit site
The new copy of YW which I bought in the local news agent( July) has a different cover to the new ( July) copy that I noticed was on sale in the chandlers and which appears on this site... The inside appears to be the same!
Any ideas?

<hr width=100% size=1>

warrior40

Visit site
Re: Which one did you prefer?

Kim,
Definately not the one with Janneau on the front !! I love covers, and wish I'd been able to get the other one with the nice bow shot!!
I must say I did a double take when I saw the other copy and no one would believe me!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

kingfisher

Visit site
Stupid test

/rant

It's not as if we have a choice: we buy whichever copy is on display at the news agent. So the only thing which you will find out is which cover leads to on-the-spot purchases, not which one is preferred by the readers.

/rant over

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

tcm

Visit site
Re: Stupid test

is that marseilles in your piccie?

Anyway, why wouldn't a comparison and (say) you opinion be valid? I mean, an on-the-spot purchser is simply a boat-interested person who doesn't subscribe yet. Or who has camncelled their subscription? So, very valid indeed to poll subscribers to make them feel loved, imho? But, nonetheless, that was at least a half-opportunity for a good rant.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Rob_Webb

Visit site

the cover makes absolutely no difference to me unless it's got a babe on (JOKE) so if you are that upset Kingfisher send me an address and I'll cut my cover off and drop it in the post.... really not important to me!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Velsheda of course

I can see a Jeanneau any time! Yottimags are for fantasising on the train with.

Please restrain whichever nerd at IPC is trying to dumb down YW - it's particularly good at the moment - MORE ELAINE BUNTING, PLEASE!

<hr width=100% size=1>

ecudc

Visit site

I think the idea is that assuming a proportion of readers are not consistent weekly purchasers (myself included I'm afraid). Therefore the 2 mag covers are designed to see which one is most likely to catch the eye of the occasional purchaser. They'll then look at the difference in sales compared to average in the two areas. Of course if you happen to see both then it is perfectly valid to ask which one you prefer.

I remember FHM or Cosmo did something similar with a blond and a brunet posing on the front cover. I think the answer was that gentlemen (or women) prefer blonds.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ecudc

Visit site

ooops no I just remebered it was cosmo and it was Sophie Dahl (Before dieting) and someone skinny. I don't remeber who won.

<hr width=100% size=1>

warrior40

Visit site
Re: You do Andrew a discredit...

Kim,
Yes , more of Elaine and more of Velsheda
also, although the Ocean ready series is good, and I my self am doing the Atlantic thang this year, can we have less of the ' fat wallets in Oysters doing the ARC' theme??

<hr width=100% size=1>