1st November 2008

nicho

Visit site
According to the aviation website forum I frequent as well as here, it is reported the government will implement the increase in aviation fuel duty from 1st November 2008. I presume therefore, the same date will apply to red diesel? Has anyone seen anything to confirm this?

If correct, at least we get a couple more seasons in.

AlJones

atsailing.com
But it will also be my 18th b'day!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well for the 24th time anyway!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
Yep, 35mpg at 160mph, and on red diesel at 40p a litre too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif They even do a twin for the MoBo boys.. Been out for a while now - here

Apologies if it was a tongue-in-cheek remark..

Richard10002

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the increase in aviation fuel duty from 1st November 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isnt the thrust of the thread but wont the airlines just route their aircraft so they can fill up somewhere cheap... I thought that's what they did anyway?

If this is the case, surely Mr. Brown is merely making airlines that have to refuel in the UK, (or whatever bit of it he controls), less competitive than those which can fill up cheaper.

I know he only cares about filling his coffers, and will use whatever excuse he can get his hands on, but it seems a bit shortsighted.