Northern

• git

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • twat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Is it worth posting anything sensible on a 1,000 post thread?

Failure to Launch does at least have a boaty bit, with a very nice yachty thing, and teaching how to Gybe

BrendanS

Visit site

Now that's not fair. I drive much better than him, and don't need the helmet either! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BrendanS

Visit site

As an avid LotR reader, I was worried about the making of the film. Having watched the films and the hours of the making of the film on the extended DVD's they went out of their way to match the films to the books. Excellent conversion of a classic book to cinema, and Peter Jackson is to be congratulated for putting a very complex book to screen

Sixpence

Visit site

Um , I do believe that not only are you viewing , but you are actually posting . At least I know I'm sad /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif , but have you seen what's on telly , I heard a Mary Hopkins track a minute ago /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Bejasus

Visit site

totally agree, the film version of LOTR brought the spirit of Tolkien's book to the masses of kids today who could never have the patience etc, to read a tome like that today.

BrendanS

Visit site

Quite impressed by the Top Gear piece on caravan towing this week though. They brought up the issue of torque and towing, which I tried to impress upon tcm a few months ago, and he dissed, quoting HP as being more important. Classic bit of TV, what with all the bits of fibreglass they broke, not to mention the fire

Sixpence

Visit site

Excellent films ,and enjoyed them very much . But the removal of the imagination is the point . They have worked wonders with the whole thing , but Gollum in the film is not how I imagined him after reading the book . Are they killing imagination , maybe , did they make an excellent film , undoubtedly , but a film does tend to kill a book

BrendanS

Visit site

You can never kill a book like that with a film, and it may inspire many kids now to read it. I read it 20 odd times when a teenager, and should go back and read it again

Sixpence

Visit site

But the imagination element is removed . When you see a film of a favourite book , you have no choice but to see the picture as that portrayed , and my image was close , but not exactly as the film makers produced .
So when they make a film they take away the perspective of imagination , although , yes the film was good , all of them

Sixpence

Visit site

and on that note , let the day shift take over , I have to be in Peterborough at 08-00 .

Bejasus

Visit site

but surely thats the beauty of imagination, everyones is different. A character as complex as Gollum, must have had a widely differing perception to most people.

Stingo

Visit site
Re: 1,000 post thread?

What a lovely day. The sun is out, Noddy and Bigears are still mates, I can't mention that other fellow because it is no longer fashionable to do so. I see that bird flu is catching on in Indonesia and that Bill Gates is giving the stuff away.

Since today is the start of the British Open, I hope you're all up to scratch.

Stingo

Visit site
Re: 1,000 post thread?

Ah, I nearly forgot to mention that after all these years, Tutankhamen is back in the news. I wonder if T B.Liar has secret little arsepirations (spelling intentional) of still making headlines in a few millenia?