£30k in my back pocket...

www.cobra-seawolf.com
OK, I haven't really got a spare £30k but, my plan is to spend about that on my next boat in 18 months, assuming I sell my Cobra 850 between now and then.

I want something which can accommodate my family as they grow (thats the kids growing, not my wife), so I think at least two double cabins plus saloon are needed.

But then again I also want to be able to get around the cans reasonably quickly on club race nights.

Oh, and vanity would like me to have something with wheel steering (I can be persuaded out of this).

Some boats which spring to mind (and which are quite different) are a Westlery Tempest, Sigma 33 and MGC335.

Any suggestions...

dmmbruce

Visit site
Get a catamaran. I did. Love it, would not consider going back to mono.

Gives all the space you talk about, good performance, comfortable, definitely enjoyable.

I preferred a cruising cat. Glad I did. warm and dry. If you think this way, then make sure you go out for a sail in the prospective purchase in realistic conditions. Some cats are quite horrid, wet, uncomfortable and won't tack or sail properly.

Good luck.
Mike

JAYEL

Visit site
30k in my back pocket

How about a Sadler 32, sturdy sea boat and pretty quick too, and I know where theres one going for 27k in Essex. Top specs,Immac condition.

D

DogWatch

Some cats are quite horrid, wet, uncomfortable and won't tack or sail properly.

some cats, you mean all cats, especially the type you have lol

I think the OP wants a fisher 34.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Moody 33 mk2 is a good bet, usually within your budget. Has a seperate rear cabin suitable for children, ie not full standing headroom. The saloon is large and can sleep two - officially can sleep 3 in saloon but on ours the double bunk is not usable as the table has been repositioned and the bunk board won't fit. Forecabin can be either a double or two singles. Good galley, nav station and heads. Wheel steering.