£25 Fishing Licence

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Once again it appears Kwaka was pullin my leg when he said "your da man".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. Hook, line and sinker. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am well known for being able to create a perfect fish free zone around my boat.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know what you're beefing about, my licence cost 20 grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but need to pay as you rape the seas clean of all its life. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, actually, anything the Spanish have kindly left for you.

Joking apart, for I surely was, next they will be taxing us for growing vegetables in the back garden.

old_salt

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know what you're beefing about, my licence cost 20 grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but need to pay as you rape the seas clean of all its life. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, actually, anything the Spanish have kindly left for you.

Joking apart, for I surely was, next they will be taxing us for growing vegetables in the back garden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't say things like that if they get a whiff on any ideas they will do it.
Some French guy has built a car that runs on compressed air and if that comes to fruition over here surly they will then think of a tax for every time you pump up the air tank and you will only be able to do it at a registered garage. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
and thinking it out we do pay indirectly a tax on fresh air when we pay to pump up our tyres at one of those pay for air machines. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcmmarine

Visit site
Just a government oportunity to make money, next they will be regulating with heath and safety. (don't all beach/pier anglers wear lifejackets- If they don't - like seat belts - it will mean an instant fine).
How are they going to catch me in my boat. Don't tell me, satelite spy photographs with a fixed penalty charge through the post. But would I not neeed to be registered and have a licence for them to trace me - Sorry - that's what they wanted in the first place isn't it.

Jinks

Visit site
I think what Kawasaki possibly means is that if you do the complete opposite of everything proposed by MC in terms of bait choice, type and presentation you must have a realistic chance of catching something. For specialsised species, such as Bass which MC seems to have something of a thing about, you also need to avoid the marks he fishes as well.

Total failure can teach you a lot.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think what Kawasaki possibly means is that if you do the complete opposite of everything proposed by MC in terms of bait choice, type and presentation you must have a realistic chance of catching something. For specialsised species, such as Bass which MC seems to have something of a thing about, you also need to avoid the marks he fishes as well.

Total failure can teach you a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! But the flaw in your reasoning is that Kawasaki took me out fishing to his guaranteed spots, this even included having a car positioned at Menai Bridge pier so I could drop him off and he could go and get the freshest bait in N Wales.

Kawa even brought along fifteen breakfast sandwiches (Each one lovingly stuffed with a full English) and flasks of tea and coffee, despite me having a perfectly good brewing appliance on board.

That day, the marine equivalent of tumble weed was the only thing to break the monotony.

But, in today's Daily Mail there is a well reasoned letter that says that the 'tax' will kill the spontaneous holiday cry of, "Let's head down to the pier and see if we can catch something." An act Dad's and their sons have done for ages, during August.

No doubt, the piers of this land will be diligently patrolled by zealous jobsworths, whilst hoodies rampage in the nearby town centres unmolested.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmm. Maybe you should have used his sarnies as bait and eaten the fresh worm/crab/sand eel. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Close! I ate some of the prawns I had caught as bait.