Volvo engineer Portsmouth area?

paradave

Visit site
Hello

I'm a rank amateur when it comes to boating and my engine has developed a small coolant leak, only present after extended use at cruising speed. It's moored in Port Solent and I'd be very grateful for recommendations for a reliable and honest marine (Volvo) engine engineer who would be able to take a look and repair.

Many thanks for any help.

Dave.

Step1

Visit site
Hello

I'm a rank amateur when it comes to boating and my engine has developed a small coolant leak, only present after extended use at cruising speed. It's moored in Port Solent and I'd be very grateful for recommendations for a reliable and honest marine (Volvo) engine engineer who would be able to take a look and repair.

Dave.
VolvoPaul is your man. Often stays in Port Solent when he’s down

jon and michie

Visit site
Just as a question is it a kad engine?
I ask this because they do spew out a little coolant when fully topped up at the reservoir tank.
That's unless you have a lot of coolant on floor

scottie

Visit site
Try not topping it up next time but watch temperature closely as some installations will be overfilled at cold and when warm the coolant expands and the excess is discharged
this can be exaggerated if you expect a leak and overfill

Scotsman231

Visit site
I can thoroughly recommend Marc Godden at BGM - top bloke and extremely knowledgeable about Volvo's.

He's locally based and looks after several boats here in Port Solent including mine and my neighbour.

paradave

Visit site
Thanks all. Pretty sure it’s more than a simple overfill. Have been in touch with Volvopaul now. Thanks for all the help.

paradave

Visit site
Just to update this and underline what you all already know, Volvopaul is a top bloke and was brilliant. All sorted now and seemed it was simply just overflow whilst at full tilt. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him and will be in touch again as and when. Thanks Paul.

Lankyone36

Visit site
Just to update this and underline what you all already know, Volvopaul is a top bloke and was brilliant. All sorted now and seemed it was simply just overflow whilst at full tilt. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him and will be in touch again as and when. Thanks Paul.
I don’t suppose you have volvopaul’s contact details or know how to get in touch do you please?

dragoon

Visit site
I don’t suppose you have volvopaul’s contact details or know how to get in touch do you please?

Use the messages facility on these forums to message user volvopaul . You can find messages/conversations as an envelope icon on the upper right of screen near the search icon.

CHI

Visit site
Another recommendation for Marc Godden, BGM Marine . Excellent work , very tidy and keeps you informed all the way.

sailorman

Visit site
Hello

Dave.
Vilvo paul of this parrish wiul be a good starting point