Used Prices cooling?

John100156

Visit site
I am wondering if a crossing from mainland Spain to (say) Mallorca could reset the 18 month TA.
The crossing is about 100 miles so you would be leaving EU waters and re-entering again.
Do you think that could be made to work?

Wow now that is worth further thought - where do EU offshore waters begin and/or end and what is in-between...!

Never Grumble

Visit site
I tried to buy a used yacht last summer/ autumn and most were quickly snapped up, people were buying without viewing according to one broker, winter lockdown projects perhaps. Needless to say I didn't get anything. Don't know what the Market is like now.
age? price range?

julians

Visit site
Wow now that is worth further thought - where do EU offshore waters begin and/or end and what is in-between...!
I can't quite remember but I'm sure in the late 80s in mallorca there was a fuel barge that used to be anchored some where between mallorca and ibiza in international waters where you could buy your fuel tax free.

But of a hazy memory though, we didn't have a boat back then (we'll we did, but it was an inflatable with an 8hp outboard) but I'm sure I remember people talking about it.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I can't quite remember but I'm sure in the late 80s in mallorca there was a fuel barge that used to be anchored some where between mallorca and ibiza in international waters where you could buy your fuel tax free.

But of a hazy memory though, we didn't have a boat back then (we'll we did, but it was an inflatable with an 8hp outboard) but I'm sure I remember people talking about it.

It ended up being brand specific as no other craft could make it that far out. Went out of business there after as the brand only consumes 1 litre per hour at 30 knots due to EGT and deadrise combo that was etched below the 10 commandments.......according to a quick google search anyway
2DA3CD6B-7B8E-48F7-8DC9-716024E3D26C.jpeg

Shifty

Visit site
I tried to buy a used yacht last summer/ autumn and most were quickly snapped up, people were buying without viewing according to one broker, winter lockdown projects perhaps. Needless to say I didn't get anything. Don't know what the Market is like now.
Well I have to admit I was one of those who bought a boat unseen. Spotted the ideal thing in Holland (Atlantic 460) late November, so sent a Surveyor over from the UK who gave it the okay and then flew back two weeks later to bring her back. All very stressful with a no deal Brexit in the mix!
Having said and done that we are absolutely delighted with it.
Also might add we sold our current boat within 48hours, again to to non viewing buyer, who due to distance and COVID also made the leap of faith.

ari

Visit site
Boat Details | RBS Marine

Still some possible cheap buys out there

I think that very much depends how you are defining 'cheap'! :D

The boat has been ashore for the past 5 years and is now expected to require some works to get her ready for the season, with new batteries required, and the engine has not been started since she was last in the water. Offers a great opportunity as a project.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I think that very much depends how you are defining 'cheap'! :D

The boat has been ashore for the past 5 years and is now expected to require some works to get her ready for the season, with new batteries required, and the engine has not been started since she was last in the water. Offers a great opportunity as a project.

I’m an eternal optimist.....it will start first turn no problem ???

John100156

Visit site
It ended up being brand specific as no other craft could make it that far out. Went out of business there after as the brand only consumes 1 litre per hour at 30 knots due to EGT and deadrise combo that was etched below the 10 commandments.......according to a quick google search anyway
View attachment 107410

Is that the latest Itama or a used boat - might be a good doo'er-upper..... Portofino should really get that hull cut and polished...!

Mr Googler

Visit site
After many hours searching.......Prices are not cooling ???

The used market is mental. Boats on for just a few days. Must be bought unseen?

It feels like such a bad time to buy as I’m sure the bubble must burst but when!

BruceK

Visit site
Well you reaped the benefit, now comes the price. I've just added 50% to the Formula if interested :D

Mr Googler

Visit site
Dear forum administrator. Please add ? to the ‘like’ function.

call it the Bruce/Seacock emoji.

thank you

BruceK

Visit site
I got a stern reprimand for using that emoji even though it's in the bucket. Just sayin. You'll get words of lounge and best placed and a black balling from the bowling lawns for a term deemed appropriate by the transgression. Humour of that kind is VERBOTEN!!

Momac

Visit site
I could be not only about holidays/leisure time in the UK but also people putting money into objects of value rather than money in the bank ? (If so maybe a boat isn't the best choice).

If the vaccinations really do control effects of the virus this time ext year may be a different story. Lets hope so.

Are boats really selling fast if asking for enhanced prices?

Flyingspanner

Visit site
A mate of mine has just put his Princess V48 for sale and sold within 1 week, 3 people were interested, 3 offers which was great - but he has to find his replacement now !

gordmac

Visit site
I could be not only about holidays/leisure time in the UK but also people putting money into objects of value rather than money in the bank ? (If so maybe a boat isn't the best choice).

If the vaccinations really do control effects of the virus this time ext year may be a different story. Lets hope so.

Are boats really selling fast if asking for enhanced prices?

I think the low interest rates are a part of it, why have money in the bank depreciating? Lot to do with holidays too, boats caravans, campers, motorhomes even tents were all selling well.
Car dealer friend a few months ago was struggling to get decent stock and having to pay well over book for anything reasonable.

hinch

Visit site
there's 2 S28's up at t he moment both older 14k+ what I paid for mine so I'm quite happy at the moment if it keeps going i'll end up being boatless for a while until prices drop again :)

pumpsmynads

Visit site
I’m certain I could sell my boat tomorrow for more than I bought it for 2 years ago.
But then I’d be without a boat that I’d wish to upgrade to this year. They just aren’t out there.
I’m sure there’ll be some bargains in 12-18 months time.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I got a stern reprimand for using that emoji even though it's in the bucket. Just sayin. You'll get words of lounge and best placed and a black balling from the bowling lawns for a term deemed appropriate by the transgression. Humour of that kind is VERBOTEN!!

I only use it towards you or seacock so the admins will understand.....if not applaud ????