Travelling to Essex; Hertfordshire Police

Tammany

Visit site
I suppose that it depends on how you interpret the reported advice that we can drive as far as we like for our recreation. My first thought on reading this was that a drive of an hour would be OK, my own drive to the boat being half an hour. Driving from Reading sounds a bit like pushing it, but I don't see that it is forbidden. Titchmarsh occupiers should be a priveliged group anyway, so I think OP might well choose to make the trip, but I think that this should probably be on as few occasions as possible.
You can go anywhere and as far as you want In England. Southerners have been going up north for peak walking & climbing again. Their are no restrictions on how often either, everyday if you like. Just no overnight stays as of yet, 3rd July onwards at the moment for this.

johnalison

Visit site
You can go anywhere and as far as you want In England. Southerners have been going up north for peak walking & climbing again. Their are no restrictions on how often either, everyday if you like. Just no overnight stays as of yet, 3rd July onwards at the moment for this.
You are quoting rather an old post of mine, written before the clarifications made later about staying overnight and when we had just emerged from not being allowed anywhere. My conjecture at the time was roughly in line with what became apparent later, with the critical point being that you had to be tucked up in bed before it rang midnight and your prince turned into a frog, or something.

Chalk

Visit site
The world seems to have gone slightly mad recently. The least mad thing is enjoying my boat in isolation. The concept of obeying an interpretation of the law that is of no practical benefit to anyone and likely never to be tested on me as an individual is pathetic. Go quietly. Keep calm and carry on.

Tomahawk

Visit site
I'm getting fed up with all the warden Hodges types who are getting a kick out of the situation at the moment.

Not at all..
The plod in Brightlingsea and Sarfend closed various roads as a means of enforcing lockdown. Yet they actually infringed the Highways Acts by failing to comply with the proper proceedure for stopping up a highway.