Tecsew

Poignard

Visit site
Has anyone any experience Tecsew? I’m trying to recover from their initial quote of just over £8.5k for a Bimini, side panels and a new stack-pack for our Sealord.
More than 20 years ago I had a sprayhood and tonneau made for my Twister by TecSew and the quality of the work was good. So good they are still in use!
The prices are irrelevant now but di you know they give a discount to RNSA members?

steveeasy

Visit site
I had a quote for a new sprayhood for my Twister. around £3,000. Ihad a new one made including new ss frame for £750 plus Vat. What do I think. Tecsew would have provided me (hopefully) a fabulous sprayhod. The one Ive had specially made, fits well. exactly what I ordered and I simply cant complain. If youve buckets of cash to splash then Tecsew will help you with that.

Steveeasy

James_Calvert

Visit site
I used them for cockpit dodgers and a simple mainsail cover.

I think they loaded the quote a little because they seemed surprised to get the job. At least they were local (at the time) so didn't charge travelling time (a West Country affliction) on top.

Tranona

Visit site
Spray hood, cockpit tonneau and binnacle/table cover. Excellent quality and service. Top of the range in quality and price.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com

dom

Visit site
I completely agree. She’s excellent and made our current (but now worn out) stack pack. We’re a bit far away now as Serendipity is now in Gosport and I don’t think she travels this far.

Have you had a quote/chat with Kemp. I think they do the covers just around the corner from you in Gosport?

The trouble with things like stack-packs, etc. is that they are essentially consumables; sacrificial items that last 8 years (?) or so blocking out the sun, gales, snow, and whatnot.

I‘d personally replace more often than try to buy an elite version. Save the money for the precious sails sheltering beneath!
?