T40 Garage

jcwads

Visit site
I've seen posts about difficulty fitting tenders into the Targa 40 garage.

Any owners able to say what size tenders are fitting in there ok?

Cheers!!

J

rlw

Visit site
The Targa 40 garage is designed for a Vaillant 270 Rib. Originally rebadged with a Fairline logo I think. A lot of ribs/tenders have higher bow profiles and wont fit under the storage bin under the aft seat. Even with the relatively low profile of the 270 is still needs to be shoved/winched under the storage bin. Alternative is to deflate the bow but that did not appeal to me. Took me a while to find one second hand. If you don't go for the original keep an eye on the tube size as well.

In addition to that it will take a deflated sup, 2 foldable chairs, rear anchor, a topper taz sailboat rig, bodyboards, cleaning kit, pumps, and spare ropes next to the tender :)

Your making me have second thoughts about selling mine :)

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
+1 to what Rlw said. The only tender that fits without deflation and general arse-aboutery is the Valiant 270. It is narrow, so I have found that the way to compensate for the marginal instability that this implies is to fit a 9.8hp outboard. Works very well :D

jcwads

Visit site
So annoying! You would have thought a tender garage takes tenders!!! Anyhow, I guess I will be inflating and deflating my current one until such time as I can change or even find a Valliant!!!!

bluetooth

Visit site
+1 to what Rlw said. The only tender that fits without deflation and general arse-aboutery is the Valiant 270. It is narrow, so I have found that the way to compensate for the marginal instability that this implies is to fit a 9.8hp outboard. Works very well :D

Isnt 9.8 hp a bit heavy? Bet it goes like a missile!

Bouba

Visit site
What make ?
Want to improve on my 2.3hp Honda !!
You can always improve on the speed of the Honda 2.3. What you can't improve on is that it is air cooled. I have found that getting off a beach into a surf is very difficult with a water cooled outboard. Every time you have started it up the surf puts you back on the beach and you have to raise the motor out of the water, therefore to stop it overheating you have to turn it off. You straighten the boat up again and repeat the process ad nauseam. With the Honda you can start it on the beach and catch the waves easily.

jcwads

Visit site
Resurrecting this one. My T40 owners manual mentions a Zodiac C285s as being a tender that fits in the T40 garage.

Anyone had one or owned one to confirm?