Sunseeker Mustique 42 Manuals (1994)

GraemeP

Visit site
Hi

Just bought a lovely sunseeker, but there are no manuals with it. Would anyone have a set I could buy/copy?

Thanks

twkitch

Visit site
Not yet it was more questions as I'm just about to pull the trigger on buying it.

We can't figure the electrical system out as the switchboard has 12v 24v 110v and 240v bearing in mind i'm in Australia.

We put it in the pen and tried to get the shore power working but the only thing that would run is the battery charger

Onan Genset says 110/240v which has us a little confused.

I'm not sure if it's a dual voltage Genset which I have never seen over the last 25yrs as a marine engineer .

Cheers Troy

Last edited:

GraemeP

Visit site
Hi Troy

We have had a few electrical problems with our boat.

Ours is certainly 240v and 24V.

If you have the original battery charger then if you run the boat whilst it is connected to shore power you can burn it out along with the batteries. I had to replace mine with an intelligent charger and I also had to replace all the batteries. There are 6, 3 sets of two connected in series.

There are a couple of switches and fuses next to the shore power connectors. I had to replace the main fuse breaker. There is one for shore power and one for the generator.

Just a thought, in the main cabin switch panel there is a switch to change from shore power to generator. If you don't have it set to shore power then you will only have power to the battery charger as you are experiencing.

Our generator is a 3 cylinder perkins engine. I had a broken valve in it that I had to replace.

Hope this helps

graeme

GraemeP

Visit site
Any particular issues? As I said above we have overcome all the problems we've had. The main issue we still have is spare parts & in particular new dials & the speedo wheel. All the engine stuff is pretty standard so has been easy to get parts for.
Where are you based?

GraemeP

Visit site
Still hunting for the manuals for this - particularly wiring diagrams. Anyone had any luck? Happy to pay for a copy

We seem to have a earth problem which is causing all sorts of wierd things including the engines starting themselves (no key inserted) - yes seriousl it's done it twice and the first time as the throttles were back it tried to drive itself through the pontoon, luckily the front ropes are on a seriously big block.. Lots of other issues though like +12V on the neutral to the radio etc.

Other threads that may be of interest