Strange shoe thief?

Black Sheep

Visit site
You've lost me.On the spur of the moment I can't see "en"as a plural in English.
Do you have any childs?

Edit: actually thanks to Laika, and 25931, for prompting me to go back to the dictionary to look up the -en suffix. I'm familiar with the modern usages of boxen and Vaxen (or Microvaxen in our case). But I'd forgotten kine. And some of the archaic uses, horsen, shoon, treen are wonderful. Wiktionary quotes Jenny Lawson, Let's Pretend This Never Happened (2012): "Victor and I are having a huge argument about whether or not to feed the foxen."

Last edited:

Visit site
Do you have any childs?

Edit: actually thanks to Laika, and 25931, for prompting me to go back to the dictionary to look up the -en suffix. I'm familiar with the modern usages of boxen and Vaxen (or Microvaxen in our case). But I'd forgotten kine. And some of the archaic uses, horsen, shoon, treen are wonderful. Wiktionary quotes Jenny Lawson, Let's Pretend This Never Happened (2012): "Victor and I are having a huge argument about whether or not to feed the foxen."
First time that I've heard of boxen and have no idea what vaxen means .

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Fox found with impressive shoe collection

A fox in a leafy suburb of Berlin has been getting into the spirit of summer - by collecting flip flops.

For weeks residents of Zehlendorf were baffled that a thief was stealing their flip flops and sports shoes from their gardens at night.

Finally a man spotted the culprit on a patch of wasteland, "in flagrante, carrying two blue flip flops in its mouth", the daily Tagesspiegel reports.

The fox had a hoard of over 100 shoes, but not the man's missing running shoe.

The man had suspected it might be a fox after raising the matter on a neighbourhood watch website and getting complaints from other locals about a missing pair of shoes, or one missing shoe.

Last edited:

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I’m on holiday atm and working on our boat that’s ashore in Gosport. I can’t leave the Landrover doors open next to the boat because the foxes get in exploring for food. They’re extremely brave/tame and will walk past you only a few metres away. I see them almost every day.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
28560A70-3A6A-41A1-89D0-1EECA4EAC85A.jpeg
Looking for food yesterday...
Edit: I took the picture with my phone off the deck of our boat in the yard. I’d already climbed down and shooed him/her away once as he/she had climbed into the car looking for food when I left the tailgate open.
I’d forgotten I’d left the coolbag (with a few bits of food in it) on the roof. Very bold and very reluctant to run off. Came back within minutes to see what I’d left out.

Last edited: