Spanish Matriculation no tax!

Milestone

Visit site
Good evening,

can anybody tell me how or show me who to use for registering my boat for Spanish matriculation? I know if I do it within 30 days of getting a NIE that it can be TAX exempt and keep the British flag,.I found a lawyer here in Barcelona (Nauta legal Abogsdos) who said they can do it, but their fees were much steeper than I thought they would be!
I think Paw Paw may have some experience of this?

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Good evening,

can anybody tell me how or show me who to use for registering my boat for Spanish matriculation? I know if I do it within 30 days of getting a NIE that it can be TAX exempt and keep the British flag,.I found a lawyer here in Barcelona (Nauta legal Abogsdos) who said they can do it, but their fees were much steeper than I thought they would be!
I think Paw Paw may have some experience of this?

Alex Chumillas
Tax Marine
Marina Port Vell
C/Escar, 18
08039 Barcelona
+34 667 663 521
+34 932 218 201
Email: alex@taxmarine.com

I used Alex to avoid matriculation tax by registering within the first 3 weeks - It was a good experience.
More info here:
http://www.michaelbriant.com/spain_boat_rules.htm

Milestone

Visit site
I dont know how I deleted that? All I said was thank you PawPaw, I actually got the information off your website that morning. The quote from Alex was far better than the one I had previous, still not a cheap business.

Thanks again

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
I dont know how I deleted that? All I said was thank you PawPaw, I actually got the information off your website that morning. The quote from Alex was far better than the one I had previous, still not a cheap business.

Thanks again

It does mean that when you come to sell you can prove matriculation tax is paid or rather the boat is imported with no matriculation tax issues.

really glad you found the web site useful

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Will NIE have to converted to TIE after Brexit?

non-EU citizens need a TIE (Tarjeta de Identificación de Extranjero) which is both a NIE and a form of identification.

Not the foggiest... Had just assumed that the NIE would carry on but now you raise the issue I will do some research with the consulate and my Spanish lawyer... The Spanish are keen to continue good relations with Brit ex pats and make their life as easy as possible so maybe... but I will post any results I can be certain of

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Not the foggiest... Had just assumed that the NIE would carry on but now you raise the issue I will do some research with the consulate and my Spanish lawyer... The Spanish are keen to continue good relations with Brit ex pats and make their life as easy as possible so maybe... but I will post any results I can be certain of

There's mention of it on this site about DIY application for NIE -

http://suitelife.com/blog/barcelona...-a-spanish-nie-number-its-kind-of-a-big-deal/

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
The Spanish Government web site for Brexit is: http://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en/brexit/howtoprepare/Paginas/190108residence.aspx

The NIE bit says:

The current registration certificates and ID cards as family members of an EU citizen held by British citizens and their family members resident in Spain before 30 March 2019 are valid documents for proving legal residence in Spain following the UK withdrawal from the EU on 29 March 2019 and for benefitting from the provisions of the Withdrawal Agreement.

However, once the transition period has begun, British citizens and their family members resident in Spain before 30 March 2019 may request a definitive residence document, the Foreigner Identity Card (TIE) that will prove the holder's eligibility benefit from the rights included under the Withdrawal Agreement.

If you are British citizen or national of a third country, family member of a British citizen who arrives in Spain during the transition period, a Foreigner Identity Card (TIE) will be issued directly. The TIE will specify that it has been issued in accordance with the Withdrawal Agreement.

-------------------------------------------

I think the NIE TIE will resolve itself after March 29th.. depending on how we leave... The Spanish seem pretty laid back about it from the above excerpt... The web site is excellent

Graham376

Visit site
I think the NIE TIE will resolve itself after March 29th.. depending on how we leave... The Spanish seem pretty laid back about it from the above excerpt... The web site is excellent

I'm sure most things will eventually be sorted but best to apply before we exit. One problem area if no withdrawal agreement and the UK comes out of the EHIC is that it appears private health insurance will be required, the cost of which will be too high for some old folks.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
I am concerned about that. My impression is my Spanish Health card is linked to my NIE and I pay tax. What it does not cover is outside of Spain. What ever the exit I am sure UK and Spain will have reciprocal health cover but for other EU countries travel insurance will be needed. I suspect.. worked like that before the common market started

Graham376

Visit site
I am concerned about that. My impression is my Spanish Health card is linked to my NIE and I pay tax. What it does not cover is outside of Spain. What ever the exit I am sure UK and Spain will have reciprocal health cover but for other EU countries travel insurance will be needed. I suspect.. worked like that before the common market started

If you are resident in Spain then you're entitled to a Spanish EHIC, as we are in Portugal.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
What I have (along with a Spanish driving licence) is a TSI - Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual which is the national health card linked to my NIE and I believe it will be valid after any sort of Brexit as I am a resident. The only ¡Brits which have a problem appear to people who have not clocked into the Spanish system or visitors.

What the TSI does not do is entitle me to EU health care in any other EU country and my UK issued EHIC (European health insurance card) which covers me for the entire EU will probably not be valid after March 29 and I will probably need health cover in the form of travel insurance... But before the Common Market we used to have E111s which provided reciprocal cover all over most of Europe and I bet the same system starts up again...