SoF Berths

truro expat

Visit site
I went to Antibes in June and it did not look full so I am not sure you will have a problem in Antibes? I am sure someone else will know more about what is going on in Antibes. I have also been looking for potential berth and very little is for sale in the 18m bracket and again I assume rentals on an annual basis are going to be difficult?

Bouba

Visit site
We gave up on French ports, either very expensive or waiting lists.
Also the advertising can be deceiving…it might say 12 meters…but the width might only be 2 meters…so unless you have a very skinny boat means that you have to get a larger place

Chris H

Visit site
Also the advertising can be deceiving…it might say 12 meters…but the width might only be 2 meters…so unless you have a very skinny boat means that you have to get a larger place
That’s one of the reasons we left cap Ferrat, the only berths that would take our width were 19m.

If the weather is ok, we are heading over your way end of August.

Bouba

Visit site
That’s one of the reasons we left cap Ferrat, the only berths that would take our width were 19m.

I look forward to a luxury stay on a large boat😎😜

Portofino

Visit site

Stringent enforcement is a double edged sword it benefits berth sellers .Those who have used the rule of thumb , often accepted local culture of 10 % L overage are having to move up a berth in La Nap ( suspect many other Fr SoF marina s ) so there boat fits properly. As they are scrapping the 10 % overage on L rule .The beam was always leave 20 cm either side for fenders .Still is .

I sold my 14X 3.85 ( boat beam allowed 3.55 ) to a 12 M guy who was in a 12 but had a 12. something long .So over L .

The marina gave them 12-18 months notice to get it right in prep for the leases ending 2029 .
My boat is 14.7 x 4.2 so fitted nicely in a 14x 3.85 if you used the 10 % overage in L custom .If i was still there I would had had to move up to a 16 M or some thing ?
Anyhow there’s been a flurry of berth sales / buys and folks are playing musical chairs …..those that want to stay .

If you think about it applying the correct L to the letter means because there’s an upward trend ( far too many using the overage L ) it should release the lower range s ie the 10 M whereby a 12 has been sitting …..until now…..for s50CAM in post # 39 .