Ship Happens

clyst

Visit site
9 months in and very little progress except for a shed load of donated tools and equipment . Nevermind winter is just around the corner ..... lookout for the poor us we can't afford tarps to keep the rain out what will we do . Come on kids get infront of the camera and tug the gullible's heart strings .

clyst

Visit site
Just watched the WHOLE of this weeks episode ! It was quite watchable 'cos the giggling, know all matriarch was absent . The channel would be better off if she kept out of the way building camper vans letting the chap get on with things . Have a quick look and see if you agree .

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
Just watched the WHOLE of this weeks episode ! It was quite watchable 'cos the giggling, know all matriarch was absent . The channel would be better off if she kept out of the way building camper vans letting the chap get on with things . Have a quick look and see if you agree .

Totally agree Simon is much better on his own without the giggling matriarch, this weeks episode without her was much better than normal and he made a good job of rewiring the batteries to the engines

38mess

Visit site
Quite agree, he has a really well equipped workshop on the boat. He did a first class job on those batteries

Birdy60

Visit site
But he still has zero idea ahead what’s ahead of him trying to rebuild that hull. Seen it so many times, people buying a cheap boat, put five years of their life into it before giving up. I just feel sorry for their kids, every weekend down at a boat graveyard with no chance of ever using the damn boat, will I am sure be something to look back on in later life and be bitter and twisted about.

38mess

Visit site
But he still has zero idea ahead what’s ahead of him trying to rebuild that hull. Seen it so many times, people buying a cheap boat, put five years of their life into it before giving up. I just feel sorry for their kids, every weekend down at a boat graveyard with no chance of ever using the damn boat, will I am sure be something to look back on in later life and be bitter and twisted about.
Meanwhile....free tools and patron money keeps rolling in. Don't think they ever intend to finish it.

Wansworth

Visit site
There going to be the Kardishans of NW England??

Rappey

Visit site
I saw the title "rewiring engine" or whatever it was.. that was enough not to watch it as its not like they are going anywhere any time soon, but the boat has large holes in the topsides and deck which is surely more important to fix?

Birdy60

Visit site
Oh you don’t want to worry about holes in the deck, you can get two or three fascinating videos about how to cover them over with plastic sheeting. I have never seen two people achieve less in a day, if they worked rather than filming and giggling they might actually get somewhere. That’s if they had a clue what they were doing. I still love early reference to tides being “unpredictable “ however they have now discovered tide tables but are perpetually perplexed by BST ?

peteK

Visit site
The giggling is put on for the video,I am usually down there and see them filming,should be one coming up about covering the foredeck and today they were going up and down the channel in the dinghy with Amelia in charge of the outboard.

clyst

Visit site
If the chap was left to his own devices to sort things out and recruit some fellow boaters to help more refurbishment would be done . The whole thing is hampered by the giggling know all woman . Still as they are fond of reminding viewers its their project and they will do it their way but as previously stated on here ...... the hulk will never be finished doing it their way . Meanwhile I await for the train to crash .

clyst

Visit site
Another gut wrenching video this week of listening to the woman Yap on . I managed just over 2 minutes till I had to turn off . ........ is it me or is she getting worse?

38mess

Visit site
Another gut wrenching video this week of listening to the woman Yap on . I managed just over 2 minutes till I had to turn off . ........ is it me or is she getting worse?
Its not you....her rant was supposed to be funny? I had to switch off.
On the other hand, the guy is quite watchable, I fast forward the woman where possible, but even the guys projects have little to do with refurbishment of the hull.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
Oh dear the worst post yet for begging, she said they would like to spend more days working on the boat but they have to work on their day job clearly inferring 'please send more money'.

Simon I can stand and seems more down to earth but her giggling drives me mad and oh dear he started the engines without her permission :mad:

clyst

Visit site
Oh dear the worst post yet for begging, she said they would like to spend more days working on the boat but they have to work on their day job clearly inferring 'please send more money'.

Simon I can stand and seems more down to earth but her giggling drives me mad and oh dear he started the engines without her permission :mad:
"Oh dear started the engines without her permission " ???????????, ........ yes ...how dare he ! ........Brilliant ! But I'm afraid that just about sums her up....She really is beginning to get on my ..... well you decide ?

Freebee

Visit site
"Oh dear started the engines without her permission " ???????????, ........ yes ...how dare he ! ........Brilliant ! But I'm afraid that just about sums her up....She really is beginning to get on my ..... well you decide ?

Starting the engines without telling her was a major crime, if it was an attempt at humour it went over my head but it made me laugh for an entirely different reason.......and Yes I can't stand her and the blatant gobby begging I can only watch so far then have to switch off!!! You can see this tale is going on and on with little real progress in the areas that really matter.

clyst

Visit site
What on earth is that monstrostery so called cleat on the fore deck.?? in this weeks episode?

Birdy60

Visit site
Don’t be so hard on the man?. After a scan of this weeks video I enjoyed finding out that it takes a bit of deliberation to decide that a ladder with no rungs is not worth keeping, that the deck structure is not attached to the hull structure enough so the ‘monstrosity’ needs to be tied into that well known load bearing point ‘the window apertures’. The aft deck is the same so just in case that moves the best thing is to tie the cleat into an A or P bracket fastening below the waterline. On a boat you have never seen out of the water? you know it makes sense. But what I liked was the revelation that he could not do much talking due to the fact that he had a lot of work to do, presumably he has spent all year thinking that it’s just a quick tart up job. But let’s face it it’s another weeks ‘fast flowing’ video on plastic sheeting, Leo Goolden eat your heart out! A quick run through for entertainment value, fantastic, and all the internet fans who know nothing about wooden boats lap it up. “More freebies anyone”?

cherod

Visit site
Yabba ,, massively impressed by the skills and what the old boys can accomplish with not much more than a chain saw , a grinder and some nails (y)