-= Please advise on new ship...

Visit site
Hi I am building a new ship. This is a world cruiser and would appreciate advice from experts who have sailed many years...

1. 100meters
  2. speed is not important (more comfort / safety / security)
  3. this ship can be manned by single crew as well as 4
  4. as little rigging as possible

What type of sail is best - ordinary or ones like on Meltese Falcon (using computer)?

I have done a blue print of ship(can post that ?)...

V1701

Visit site
I myself am an expert who has designed, built and sailed world cruisers for many years and can act as consultant for you in your project...

dom

Visit site
A steel origami design would be suitable.

Comox Vancouver designs are the gold standard for this type of vessel.

pcatterall

Visit site
Hi I am building a new ship. This is a world cruiser and would appreciate advice from experts who have sailed many years...

1. 100meters

What type of sail is best - ordinary or ones like on Meltese Falcon (using computer)?

Do you have a budget in mind? As suggested you could start by looking at sailing yachts around 50m that are currently on the market.

Thistle

Visit site

1. 100meters

Seeing the blueprint would certainly help the forum to give you advice. However, the forum software may not allow you to post diagrams until you have posted a few more times. Perhaps you could start by giving us a bit more information, for example, hull material (is it true that epoxy bonded balsa has some advantages for vessels of this size?), masts (numbers and heights). The forum will also be fascinated by details of your proposed keel design and if it will be removeable for shallow water sailing; details of anchoring arrangements are also always keenly sought after.

Visit site

1. 100meters

If you build a five-masted barque, and use it for eco-friendly cargo transport you coukd provide gainful employment to several hundred eco-warriors, Greta Thunberg to serve as Mistress-at-arms with her vegan cat'o' nine tails!
IMG_2698.JPG

rszemeti

Visit site
100m ship is much too small to go sailing any distance. it is OK for a 1 or 2 day sailing trip, but in 1 week, you will be very uncomfortable on such a small vessel. Try to find something 150m or more if you want to make long journeys.

TLouth7

Visit site
Why is there a cupboard of helium in the master bathroom?

Can anyone work out the religions accounted for in the meditation room? I got Christianity (C), Zoroastrianism (Z), Jesus Christ (JC), Mennonites (Me), worshipers of the Sun God Ra (Ra)....