Lundy 2007

PCUK

Visit site
After the stunning success of the BCC first season with absolutely no-one going anywhere (or was that just me) I am hoping to be ready for a full season next year with the boat fully serviced and in top condition. I'd like to get to Lundy, Padstow, Scillies or even just the outfall buoy outside Watchet! Any other ideas?

Jinks

Visit site
I did manage to make Padstow for the last week in August. Very bumpy trip down but made worthwhile when we got in the middle of a school of 8 or 10 basking sharks about 12 nm from Padstow. Will almost certainly do it again next year and if we catch the right weather window maybe across to the Scillies or around the corner to Falmouth. Lundy is always worth a visit and don't be afraid to call in to Swansea. Happy to meet for a beer if possible.

redglow

Visit site
Hi Pete,

Will be looking to make the most of 2007 with Padstow, Lundy, Swansea & Milford Haven definitely on the agenda. 2006 cut short by illness but well on the road to recovery now. Also happy to share a beer / glass of wine with anybody we meet up with - although we could always do that in Watchet if we want to Pete.

Cheers
Kev

sch3nk3r

Visit site
I have just purchased a sealione 310 statesman after owning a viking river cruiser for two years. In 2007 I will be taking my first trip out to sea coming from the sharpness canal. What should I be reading and what sort of experience can I expect?

solitaire11

Visit site
ooh btw you could get yourself the lundy & irish sea pilot, tide tables(arrowsmiths), almanac, charts, & i think british waterways do some sort of booklet on passage from sharpy to bristol.