• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Horrible boat name !

johnalison

I can't find my photo of a small German boat 'Shit Happens'

Other contenders were also German. 'Sailing Misery' and the puzzling 'Iritis'.

matt1

I recently read something about a beautiful wooden boat being launched called "morning wood"....I mean, why would you?

LadyInBed

Some people have a strange sense of humour.
When I changed my boats name my criteria was that it would be easy to understand and not need to spell it when I call the CG, so I chose the name based on the fact that the boat is a Countess - Lady and the livery is in Red.

JumbleDuck

The famous ship "Titan Uranus" ISTR was a photoshop fake but there is a Wana Bhum registered in Bangkok. (y)
Even though the well known picture was a bit dodgy, it seems that there were two ships called Titan Uranus. See Titan Uranus Hoax – Solved – Maritime Accident Casebook The first one is still on Marine Traffic, position unknown, despite having been scrapped sixteen years ago. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:922319/mmsi:-7614252/imo:7614252/vessel:TITAN_URANUS