Hi from Southampton

Seastoke

Visit site
Welcome from the welch mob , suverners are slow at being friendly , they will be here soon , first what boat u got has it got bed sheets and where do u keep your beer.

HandyAndyO

Visit site
What type of boat do you have Andy?
Do you have any photos that you can post?

Apparently it is tradition in North Wales to raid other boats fridges, hence Seastoke Roy's keen interest in your beer.
Ah I see, I think that's a tradition worldwide isn't it haha,
I have a Microplus 461 with 50hp Mercury, this bloody weather is so unpredictable, all I want is sun, too much to ask maybe ?

HandyAndyO

Visit site
She looks good , have you checked trailer Over , do you strap the boat on the trailer.
Hi, the trailer is definitely on its last legs but the boat is going on its mooring this week so just needs to get me 1 mile down the road to hit the water so ?
I just use ratchets to keep it on there when on the road but as its such a short distance it will fine, Thanks for your concern though ?

HandyAndyO

Visit site
Looks very tidy , From photo looks as if the helm is inside?
Its an open cuddy, I was going to try and close it off with a door and wall but it's a bit beyond me, I'm just being impatient now and wanting to get out on the water, it's my first boat with steering as opposed to just a tillier so need some time on the water to get the feel

ontheplane

Visit site
Welcome.

You will get the hang of it very quickly - just remember that unlike a tiller it’s not water speed over the “rudder” that steers but thrust from the prop - so knocking in and out of gear with lock on will get you lots of steering - low speed gliding won’t!

Half an hour close to harbour and you’ll have the feel of it.

HandyAndyO

Visit site
Welcome.

You will get the hang of it very quickly - just remember that unlike a tiller it’s not water speed over the “rudder” that steers but thrust from the prop - so knocking in and out of gear with lock on will get you lots of steering - low speed gliding won’t!

Half an hour close to harbour and you’ll have the feel of it.
Ah yeah good info , I'm sure I will be fine.
I must say your all very helpful and welcoming, really appreciated from a novice like me.

If any of you see me about in the water give me a shout and I will toss over a cold beer ?

HandyAndyO

Visit site
Hi mate, im mooring just off bitterne triangle behind the Vape shop, do you have a boat still and go out often ? Would love to follow the lead of someone with more experience around the area