Eateries on the IoW

rafiki_

Visit site
Lady wife and I are having a well earned, do nothing, break in the Island this week. We already plan to hit the Little Gloucester, and of course The Folly, and The Pilot at Bembridge. Any other suggestions?

F33Man

Visit site
The little Gloucester is brilliant so good choice, defiantly also go to the coast restaurant in cowes - excellent food!

superheat6k

Visit site
The New Inn at Shalfleet used to be very good, but some years since I have been there. Shalfleet is a few miles from Yarmouth towards Cowes, at the inland end of the southern arm of Newtown Creek.

alant

Visit site
Lady wife and I are having a well earned, do nothing, break in the Island this week. We already plan to hit the Little Gloucester, and of course The Folly, and The Pilot at Bembridge. Any other suggestions?

Isn't taking her abroad, spoiling her a bit?
You will find it difficult to raise the bar that high next time.;)

OAF

Visit site
I ate in the coast bar and dining room on shooters hill last week and it was superb and the atmosphere was also very nice! also ate in the Fountain, not a restaurant just a pub but the food was good!

l'escargot

Visit site
This website belonging to a couple of locals will give you pretty accurate reviews of just about anywhere on the island:http://mattandcat.co.uk/

If you are in Newport, Olivos is good with an Italian influence or there is Burrs which is an intimate, traditional English restaurant which has been favoured by royality when visiting the island.

The Spyglass is worth a visit for the location but food is normal pub fayre.

Last edited: