Croatia

Irish Rover

Visit site
Am I alone in thinking €760 a week is up there with some of the most expensive marinas ?
Or am I that out of touch.

No criticism of Irish Rover ,he tried very hard to help me.
No you're right. They're expensive. Of the 3 marinas I contacted Setur in Kusadasi was the cheapest at €560 for a week. D Marin, Turgutreis which is a sister marina of Lefkas quoted €756 for the week. It's interesting that D Marin publish a price list on their website for their marinas in Greece but not for their marinas in Turkey.
I imagine you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate if you were on the phone, ready to book, with your credit card in your hand.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
the prices are not logical. for 200 eur per month and bills bob could rent also small apartment in greece and take his residency easy.
But he still have to pay mooring some where on top for the boat .
560 a week sound high I agree but its quite a big boat he got plus its a weekly price , I guess as Irish said if he asked for a longer period and was ready to book he probably get a much better price .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
But he still have to pay mooring some where on top for the boat .
560 a week sound high I agree but its quite a big boat he got plus its a weekly price , I guess as Irish said if he asked for a longer period and was ready to book he probably get a much better price .

This is the thing Vic. I pay nothing in Porto Rafti.
Nothing in Poros.
And €4 a day with water and electricity here.

It's not this price for everyone, but, I have contacts going back 20 years.

North of €560 a week is ridiculous to me.
I thought it bad at Cleopatra marina.
Where easy money has made the prices very high.
I only paid €100 a week in Marine d Carrara Italy.

Irish Rover

Visit site
This is the thing Vic. I pay nothing in Porto Rafti.
Nothing in Poros.
And €4 a day with water and electricity here.

It's not this price for everyone, but, I have contacts going back 20 years.

North of €560 a week is ridiculous to me.
I thought it bad at Cleopatra marina.
Where easy money has made the prices very high.
I only paid €100 a week in Marine d Carrara Italy.
Daily rates are definitely expensive. My annual contract in Setur Marina which I paid last April is around €3,200 for a 10.3 x 4.45 power cat so around 45 sq meters. Yours works out at around 60 Sq M so around 33% more. Accordingly if I was visiting for just a week I'd be paying around €50 per day as opposed to the €8.75 per day I'm actually paying on my contract.
Granted I've had a boat there for around 15 years so I'm on max discount. The price includes 30 days free in each of the other 12 Setur marinas which is a big saving for anyone cruising the Turkish coast.
Comparing daily, monthly, annual rates is not meaningful. You need to compare like with like. Mine @ €3200 compares very favourably with the €6851 annual for Lefkas mentioned by wwalsh in #61. Lies, damn lies and statistics.
I hope you get sorted.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
It's not criticism of you , you have been more than helpful.
It's supply and demand.

I always did business by attracting new customers ,once you have them happy they want to do the business..
This way frightens then off.
Probably why most of the good marina s in Sicily are full ,low rates to get you in and make their money through the yearly income

Anyway ,I have not closed mind ,just my purse

Thanks
Bob

Irish Rover

Visit site
It's not criticism of you , you have been more than helpful.
It's supply and demand.

I always did business by attracting new customers ,once you have them happy they want to do the business..
This way frightens then off.
Probably why most of the good marina s in Sicily are full ,low rates to get you in and make their money through the yearly income

Anyway ,I have not closed mind ,just my purse

Thanks
Bob
I know you're not having a go at me. However I don't think marinas are going to give you a cheap daily or weekly rate in the hope you'd convert to an annual contract. High daily rates for transient yachts is the gravy for them. I'd say if you talk to any of them about an annual contract or even 6 months of the winter they'll be much more amenable.
Talking to people here they're well aware of the difficulties Brexit will cause for Brits in Greece and they're definitely expecting more British yachts here this year.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I spoke to a lawyer yesterday. EURO BRITS AIRE ..She told me that as long as I was legally in Greece efore 31 12 20 I have the right to stay in the country behond the 90 days ,as per the withdrawal agreement . Also I have a option to apply for residency until 30 June ,but don't have to apply if I do not want to. Also this date in June is not fixed in law ,just a date that the Greek government want a depart7 open to carry out this duty.

This could be the law across Europe if so.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I spoke to a lawyer yesterday. EURO BRITS AIRE ..She told me that as long as I was legally in Greece efore 31 12 20 I have the right to stay in the country behond the 90 days ,as per the withdrawal agreement . Also I have a option to apply for residency until 30 June ,but don't have to apply if I do not want to. Also this date in June is not fixed in law ,just a date that the Greek government want a depart7 open to carry out this duty.

I heard some thing similar but didn't bother post it here for the so call ybo experts to pull to bits .
Good luck Bob

nortada

Visit site
rtboss1 said:
I spoke to a lawyer yesterday. EURO BRITS AIRE ..She told me that as long as I was legally in Greece before 31 12 20 I have the right to stay in the country beyond the 90 days ,as per the withdrawal agreement . Also I have a option to apply for residency until 30 June ,but don't have to apply if I do not want to. Also this date in June is not fixed in law ,just a date that the Greek government want a depart7 open to carry out this duty.

I heard some thing similar but didn't bother post it here for the so call ybo experts to pull to bits .
Good luck Bob

This could be the law across Europe if so. Great news, So Schengen just applies to travel after 31/12/20 or is this lawyer referring to folk who have residency in Greece? Or what?

Of course, length of stay in a country is a national issue. Does this apply to all of the EU or just Greece? Is there a link?

All should become apparent over the next few months.

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site

Problem solved for now then. Well done and good luck.

RupertW

Visit site

I am genuinely surprised as that doesn’t fit in at all with my understanding of the withdrawal agreement for people although individual countries can make up some of their own rules. Particularly odd is the concept that you can stay indefinitely without having to apply for residency.

Be interesting to see how this develops.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
EuroBrits Greece

The AIRE Centre is here to help UK nationals and their family members who moved to Greece before 1 January 2021 apply for the new biometric residence permits. If you require assistance with this process, contact us at eurobrits@airecentre.org.
We are also operating a phone helpline for those who do not have access to emails or the internet. The line is open from 4pm to 7pm local time on Mondays and Wednesdays and 10am to 1pm local time on Tuesdays. If you or anyone you know is in this situation, please call 0030 698 85 91 229