Croatia

jordanbasset

Visit site
I understood the same , however this is a
answer I received from their lawyer.

There are similar AIRE group a for all countries I believe.
The answer from the lawyer seems to suggest the same to me
''She told me that as long as I was legally in Greece before 31 12 20 I have the right to stay in the country behond the 90 days ,as per the withdrawal agreement . Also I have a option to apply for residency until 30 June ,but don't have to apply if I do not want to. Also this date in June is not fixed in law ''

I took that to mean that you can stay till the end of June and you do not have to apply for residency in that time. I would also assume if you do not apply for residency you have to leave after that date (unless Greece extends the 6 months)

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
The answer from the lawyer seems to suggest the same to me
''She told me that as long as I was legally in Greece before 31 12 20 I have the right to stay in the country behond the 90 days ,as per the withdrawal agreement . Also I have a option to apply for residency until 30 June ,but don't have to apply if I do not want to. Also this date in June is not fixed in law ''

I took that to mean that you can stay till the end of June and you do not have to apply for residency in that time. I would also assume if you do not apply for residency you have to leave after that date (unless Greece extends the 6 months)

No, the 30th of June is not a shut off date.
Or so I believed what she said .

Anyway I have provided everyone with an email address and phone number , to check out for themselves.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I heard some thing similar but didn't bother post it here for the so call ybo experts to pull to bits .
Good luck Bob

I doubt there are any experts across the board, most of us have learned what we need to for our countries of choice and it's very obvious different countries have their own interpretation of Brussel's dictates, as indicated by the confusion across various threads. Even in Portugal, there are differing rules depending on which immigration route is used.

As far as staying after 31/12, Portugal announced anyone already in country could stay if they applied on-line before 31/12 for residence , whether this date has been extended, I don't know. All gov. departments here are in chaos thanks to Covid, still no news about changing my old residence card to biometric, applied for last year.

nortada

Visit site
I doubt there are any experts across the board, most of us have learned what we need to for our countries of choice and it's very obvious different countries have their own interpretation of Brussel's dictates, as indicated by the confusion across various threads. Even in Portugal, there are differing rules depending on which immigration route is used.

As far as staying after 31/12, Portugal announced anyone already in country could stay if they applied on-line before 31/12 for residence , whether this date has been extended, I don't know. All gov. departments here are in chaos thanks to Covid, still no news about changing my old residence card to biometric, applied for last year.
Because of Covid, the Local Council in Lagos (Camara) has advised that applications for residency under the pre-31/12 will be accepted until end of June. Not sure if the Camara or SEF will be processing the application.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Because of Covid, the Local Council in Lagos (Camara) has advised that applications for residency under the pre-31/12 will be accepted until end of June. Not sure if the Camara or SEF will be processing the application.

Is that for people already here or, for new arrivals as well? If the latter, still time to get here if sailing restrictions lifted fairly soon.

nortada

Visit site
Is that for people already here or, for new arrivals as well? If the latter, still time to get here if sailing restrictions lifted fairly soon.
Agh! You have me there. When the statement was made it was suitably vague and it was my impression, rather than booties, it was aimed at people hoping to complete on property.

I will see if I can find the original statement but as I recall, you had to demonstrate you had the intention to move to Portugal, before 31/12/20 and part of this was evidence you had visited Portugal before 31/12/20 so hoving into port now and shouting,”I’m here”’ probably wouldn’t cut it.