Coronavirus and Greece

Davy_S

Visit site
Grumpygit, i think you may have misunderstood the point, what they were saying is, it will work with a uk phone in Greece, (the app that is) if you are a tourist in Greece with a uk phone on roaming, you can download the app and it will work, you need to get permission to go out under the lockdown using text message, i think that is the message they are trying to get across.

grumpygit

Visit site
Grumpygit, i think you may have misunderstood the point, what they were saying is, it will work with a uk phone in Greece, (the app that is) if you are a tourist in Greece with a uk phone on roaming, you can download the app and it will work, you need to get permission to go out under the lockdown using text message, i think that is the message they are trying to get across.

I think what you may have misunderstood is that I have tried the app on my UK phone with my UK number roaming on Cosmote and it wouldn't work. It appears it will only work on my Greek Cosmote number. The phone whether UK or Timbuctoo is irrelevant, it must have a Greek Sim card for it to work.

Tony Cross

Visit site
this is crazy.
I can not understand greek people...
Actually I think it's eminently sensible. The infection rates here were rising exponentially. In march Greece successfully flattened the first wave curve, now they're looking at flatting the second wave curve too. And once again Greece is doing extremely well by reacting quickly and decisively, Greece has a total of 749 deaths, Portugal (with a similar population size ) has 2,848, whilst Belgium (also with a similar population size) has 12,907.

wwalsh

Visit site
Yesterday we moved yacht from lefkada to cleopatra ashore with permit. Necessary was letter from cleopatra. crew list and for owner to visit lefkada port police.

Tony Cross

Visit site
In case it's relevant to anyone on here, from Friday 13th November there is a movement curfew in place from 9pm to 5am throughout Greece every night until the end of November. The only movement allowed between these times is work, dog walking, and emergencies. Food delivery services from tavernas is not affected.