Clockwise UK circumnavigation ...

rbmatthews

rubytuesday39.wordpress.com
We have just finished our circumnavigation of the UK clockwise that took us just a bit over two years, although we did take in Cape Wrath and Orkney and had a pandemic to deal with somewhere in there too. Overall a great experience.

For those interested, the blog of our trip, musings and ramblings en route is at Ruby Tuesday

Birdseye

Visit site
We have just finished our circumnavigation of the UK clockwise that took us just a bit over two years, although we did take in Cape Wrath and Orkney and had a pandemic to deal with somewhere in there too. Overall a great experience.

For those interested, the blog of our trip, musings and ramblings en route is at Ruby Tuesday
I shall have a read.

Read a few pages and got as far as Milford, a place in my local area. Bit of info for you. You dont have to do what the range boats tell you - you are legally allowed to simply continue on your course and they then have to stop firing on the range. You might well want to be helpful and oblige them - most of us do so, but the reason that the range areas arent marked on your charts is because they arent prohibited areas anywhere in coastal UK.

If you get to France dont ignore them there. The froggies continue firing whether you are there or not. Zut alors! Merde!

Last edited by a moderator:

mil1194

www.myitmatters.com
I shall have a read.

Read a few pages and got as far as Milford, a place in my local area. Bit of info for you. You dont have to do what the range boats tell you - you are legally allowed to simply continue on your course and they then have to stop firing on the range. You might well want to be helpful and oblige them - most of us do so, but the reason that the range areas arent marked on your charts is because they arent prohibited areas anywhere in coastal UK.

If you get to France dont ignore them there. The froggies continue firing whether you are there or not. Zut alors! Merde!

been there and done that (Castle Martin). They have a mighty quick large rib and come out to ask you to move out of the way. Like you say you don’t have to move but we did (due to their machine guns)

Mudisox

Visit site
It is often quicker to continue through firing ranges than to alter to round them once "caught" by the range boats. Normally acknowledged and you continue on your way, unimpeded. However they have a job to do as do the folk who are training to shoot straight.

Mudisox

Visit site
An interesting read, made all the better for the excellent photographs and comments about the vagaries and meaning of life.