Anodes best place to buy

alt

Visit site
+1 for Anode Outlet.

I've used Solent Anodes for years without issue, but Anode Outlet were cheaper this year and their customer service A1 (I had to call them, instant response via email and phone).

I'm knackered next year due to Brexit (I'm in Eire)

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
I use both Solent Anodes and Anode Outlet and can recommend both. I just check which has the best price for what I want at the time.

Croftie

Visit site
+1 for Anode Outlet.

I've used Solent Anodes for years without issue, but Anode Outlet were cheaper this year and their customer service A1 (I had to call them, instant response via email and phone).

I'm knackered next year due to Brexit (I'm in Eire)

Is it the UK VAT element? As far as I now goods can now be sent UK (mainland) to Eire VAT free. Obviously you may be charged EU VAT once landed in Eire.
Exports, sending goods abroad and charging VAT

alt

Visit site
Is it the UK VAT element? As far as I now goods can now be sent UK (mainland) to Eire VAT free. Obviously you may be charged EU VAT once landed in Eire.
Exports, sending goods abroad and charging VAT

VAT & Duty. The VAT element isin't too concerning (23% in Eire), but the Duty could add up on a large order of anything (Duty is also charged on the P&P costs!). Basically, I don't think i'll be buying anything from the UK going forward, need to find a European alternative. While P&P may be more, there'll be no Duty (or paperwork).

Brexit is having a serious knock-on effect in Eire.

oldgit

Visit site
Most boating centres will have somewhere that the commercial boys and fishermen use.
We have somebody local who makes anodes and sells direct.
Looking at the prices in Chandlers it would appear that vacuum packing appears to double the price.

Last edited: