N
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• N
      Neeves replied to the thread A boat Inearly bought.
      A 50' steel yacht 'Anaconda' a near neighbour for a couple of years to our mooring unusually had a full sized glass mirror as part of...
    • N
      Neeves replied to the thread Saloon table repaint..
      I find teak too dark and I like the chart table, the picture with the mike. You do some good work. Different type of yacht, but solid...
      • IMG_2582.jpeg
    • N
      Neeves reacted to Tranona's post in the thread Saloon table repaint. with Like Like.
      Have you found a source for teak faced ply? Very little available now and most is not real teak but thin Alpi manufactured veneers. You...
    • N
      Neeves replied to the thread Our first year with lithium.
      Extending my post on 'solar shingles' I read that balcony solar panels are popular in Germany. If you check this link: 800W Balcony...
    • N
      Neeves replied to the thread Beal Rope Cleaner.
      They come 'rope sized' (primarily rock climbing ropes) - I had thought that if they made them a bit bigger and a lot more robust they...
    • N
      Ignoring your issues Solar blankets are commonplace, you can buy them 'off the shelf' here, primarily for the 4x4 market as they have...
    • N
      Apologies Seven Spades, you were one of the members who had posted their Lithium experience but whose name I had forgotten. Nothing...
    • N
      If you are wondering about a Lithium build or planning one you need to read this thread and an earlier one by Geem My lithium build...
    • N
      Neeves replied to the thread Windlass why electric.
      The problem arises when the weather turns out to be more rigorous than expected from the forecast. You sit it out, for a time -...
    • N
      gmail is free and I think you can have multiple accounts. Being free - they can do what they like. Their spam filtering is appalling...
    • N
      Correct me if I am wrong. Normally MPPT controllers use voltage, from the shunt (or wherever), to determine their operation of the...
    • N
      Neeves reacted to geem's post in the thread Our first year with lithium with Like Like.
      We have 3 MPPT controllers. We group panels with the same shading characteristics. On the starboard guardrail we have a pair of series...
    • N
      Neeves reacted to Trident's post in the thread Our first year with lithium with Like Like.
      If its not raining tomorrow I'll take a photo for you We have a 700 ah battery bank I have the roof of my cockpit (Prout Quasar so...
    • N
      Its very unusual for anyone to show any interest in wind - which can be an invaluable resource. Similarly hydro - but if you sit at...
    • N
      Neeves replied to the thread Backing pads.
      I'm with you - and your chain is better than my chain, mine is only as good (actual strength) as the 8mm it replaced - I tested them...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…