Yeoman & Lithium cells

Visit site
A silly question in some ways but.......

The various recent postings about Yeoman plotters have reminded me that I should replace the battery in my Yeoman. It's a CR2032.

The trouble is that whenever I replace one of these batteries in any piece of equipment......watch, camera, whatever...... I always find that the replacement never seems to last as long as the original battery. No matter what brand I've tried they always seem to fizzle out after just a few weeks.

Any thoughts on what brand to go for?

VicS

Visit site

The various recent postings about Yeoman plotters have reminded me that I should replace the battery in my Yeoman. It's a CR2032.

The trouble is that whenever I replace one of these batteries in any piece of equipment......watch, camera, whatever...... I always find that the replacement never seems to last as long as the original battery. No matter what brand I've tried they always seem to fizzle out after just a few weeks.

In the past i have bought them from various places. Jewellers/watch repairers, Maplins and most recently the local shoe repairer who also replaces watch batteries. Whatever brand comes!

Important factors are to buy from somewhere with a decent turn over although they do have a long shelf life. The two we bought from the cobbler this week have an end date of 04/2017.

also take care not to short them out when installing them. I have some plastic tweezers, although really for the little silver cells in watches, to handle them with if necessary.

david_bagshaw

Visit site

totally agree the replacement ever lasts as long.

TSB240

Visit site
Just replaced the 2032 in the swbos car blipper she had it new with the car 10 years ago! I think car will need replaceing before next battery!

Visit site
I've tried Panasonic and Maxell as "known" brands and been disappointed. As someone else said, they may have been counterfeit.
I've also tried the cheapies but they were disastrous. One only lasted 5 days in my watch and it seems to take four days to set up all the functions and gizmos on it!

I think I'll try Duracell next.

Cymrogwyllt

Visit site
Standing idle on the shelf/poor quality/ are no doubt factors. I was taught to never handle the battery using the fingers as 'the sweat from the fingers can lead to short circuit' drastically reducing battery life.

Don't ever put one of them in a pocket with a bunch of keys . Best not ask how I learnt that.