Yarmouth - reserving a berth

davel

Visit site
I seem to remember reading that Yarmouth were considering a booking system for reserving berths at popular times (like most summer weekends).
Does anyone know if they've done this, and if so, who to contact?

Dave L.

JeremyF

Visit site
Yarmouth wont, unless you are party of a rally, I believe

Poole and Bucklers Hard will now take reservations, though apparently Poole was booked out a month ago for last Saturday, and they were 12 deep in Town Quay!

Jeremy Flynn

Visit site
Thoughts of the spectre of Charlie Atrill.....

sitting there in his little varnished pulling stem dinghy equipped with a laptop scrolling through to find your boat's name on the reservations list... "Now sir, can we help you?"

Nah, how are they going to do it without a queue out across the track of the ferries? Can you imagine it at BH weekends?

Mind you ANYTHING's possible these days! Now if they built a bridge from Lymington and put all the yachts on transporters..... Les running the traffic lights from the pier head.

Would you need to berth in a pre-set pattern? Bit like arriving at the theatre and finding someone in your seat. "Err excuse me, I think starboard 6 and 7, port side to, second out is my berth" Hmmnn.....

Steve Cronin

davel

Visit site
Re: Thoughts of the spectre of Charlie Atrill.....

I'd imagined that each berth would have a pilot who would be waiting at the harbour entrance with your name on a piece of paper nailed to a stick (like they do at the airport as you exit the arrivals hall).
Sounds reasonable to me - folks here are always banging on about lamentable service from the marine industry. This would seem like a useful service to the boating public.

Dave L.