Yanmar 3YM 20 won't turnover/eventually starts then won't stop

sealegsjim

Visit site
I have a Yanmar 3YM with a B20 engine panel less than 10yrs old. For various reasons it is a year since I ran the engine and now the engine won't turn over on the starter button. I have checked the batteries' state of charge and tightness of battery terminals and starter motor - all fine. I tried starting it many times and eventually it turned over and immediately started but I couldn't get it to stop until many attempts. I am thinking the start and stop buttons on the B20 panel might be corroded/defective although they look ike new. Has anyone any ideas?
I have always had good advice from the forum so thank you in advance

Bilgediver

Visit site
I have a Yanmar 3YM with a B20 engine panel less than 10yrs old. For various reasons it is a year since I ran the engine and now the engine won't turn over on the starter button. I have checked the batteries' state of charge and tightness of battery terminals and starter motor - all fine. I tried starting it many times and eventually it turned over and immediately started but I couldn't get it to stop until many attempts. I am thinking the start and stop buttons on the B20 panel might be corroded/defective although they look ike new. Has anyone any ideas?
I have always had good advice from the forum so thank you in advance
It could just be the 12v supply connection to the panel needs sorting as that powers both. Also examine the common earth connection on the engine .