Yanmar 2GM20F low volume sound from alarm.

wipe_out

Visit site
Took the boat out for the first time in a while over the weekend and noticed a feint low volume sound from the alarm.. Alarm is loud as normal before starting the engine and loud when alarm test switch is activated.. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause?

vas

Visit site
alternator OK? had that on my main engines when an alt cable was loose and once more when the alt charging bulb was burnt on the voltometer gauge and then only after a longish run with battery fully charged.

VicS

Visit site
Took the boat out for the first time in a while over the weekend and noticed a feint low volume sound from the alarm.. Alarm is loud as normal before starting the engine and loud when alarm test switch is activated.. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause?
It could be a defective warning light sensor.
I think I would disconnect , in turn, the wiring from the low oil pressure, high temperature and, if applicable, saildrive seal failure sensors

wipe_out

Visit site
Thanks all.. Sounds like a day of crawling around and testing is on the cards..

Are the low oil pressure and high temp switches open in normal state and closed in alarm state? So if I disconnect them there should be no alarm?

VicS

Visit site
Thanks all.. Sounds like a day of crawling around and testing is on the cards..

Are the low oil pressure and high temp switches open in normal state and closed in alarm state? So if I disconnect them there should be no alarm?
Closed in the alarm state ,