Yanmar 1GM10

Visit site
Advice please, we need a manual for Yanmar 1GM10. Can it be found on the internet.Just bought a Hunter Horizon, but no manual included, we now need to winterize.

<hr width=100% size=1>

steve28

www.falmouthgypsy.com
The handbook is more what you need for general work, unless you intend stripping the engine down.
The handbook is available from places like marinepower or frenchmarine who are yanmar dealers.

steve

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
I agree Steve about the intentions of both documents. but I carry both a manual and a full spares kit on the basis that if I get a breakdown somewhere I will be able to hand over both to someone who is mechanically competant (unlike me!)

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
the workshop manual is a very useful document. i wouldn't be without it

there's a current thread running on the 3gm30 which i lifted this quote from:

<I have just bought a workshop manual for my 3GM30 from www.workshopmanuals.co.uk, it is on CD. They are very efficient and for a cost of 10 pounds a good buy. You will find this 240 page manual full of useful info on your engine.>

all the GM models are covered in the same book. i found mine (ring bound) at a jumble for a tenner.

tyce

Visit site
yep
i agree with going down the ebay route, i have the horizon 272 and there is nearly always someone selling the workshop c.d for around 6 quid.
just do a search under yanmar on ebay

<hr width=100% size=1>

Visit site
All recieved with thanks, clearly I have a little time now to try the routes suggested as even on Anglesey we do not see a frost untill november hopefully!!!!

Tyce my horizon is the 273 being transported north next week
Regards to all
Ted

<hr width=100% size=1>

Birdseye

Visit site
Had the same boat and same engine assuming rawwater cooled.

Winterising out of the water was simply to run the engine using fresh water and finally introduce some anti freeze and often some machinists soluble oil in the last bucket of water. The machinists oil was for the anti rust agent.

Then drain the block using the tap and pipe (if the pipe's still there) on the side of the engine. Change the engine oil and filter. Remove the anodes and check them for erosion. Remove the water pump impellor. Clean the air filter foam. Disconnect the exhaust hose and plug with a rag. Spray the engine with a rust inhibitor such as WD40.

<hr width=100% size=1>this post is a personal opinion, and you should not base your actions on it.

Spuddy

Visit site
now if only I had known!
last year I went to the local yanmar dealers and bought a manual thing for about £30, of which only a fifth was in English, the rest was the same info in other languages. It did cover the basics though.
spuddy

<hr width=100% size=1>

johnt

Visit site
If you mean Marine Power at Bursledon ..I wouldnt buy it from them they tried to charge me VAT on a YANMAR manual, even tho' books are zero rated!

<hr width=100% size=1>