Yanmar 15W40 diesel engine oil?

oldgit

Visit site
Have always purchased 20 or 25 litres of what ever fleet oil was around at the time.
Volvo Penta 40A and 41B. Perkins M130 and now Yanmars.
Mostly with lets just say well used middle aged engines. :)
Only OCD about two things on a boat.
Oil changes and Impellors.
Never had any problems regards out of spec oil pressures even on 3000 hour engines.
Always used mineral oil and was specificaly told to use only mineral oil in my Yanmar 4LHA-STP engines.

doug748

Visit site
Hi,
I'm in the process of buying 10L of 15W40 engine oil for the Yamnar 4JH4E diesel engine.
This is a non synthetic, old fashioned oil.
The online cost for 10L of Yanmar branded oil is around £100, with an additional £25 for delivery.
I'm aware that Yanmar don't make engine oil, so I've been looking locally for an equivalent. All the local garages and supermarkets only stock synthetic or semi synthetic oil.
Bearing in mind that I live in Aberdeenshire, and it's a long way to the nearest yacht Chandler's.
What engine oil, available online, are people using for Yanmar diesel engines?
The Spec' says API C1-4SL, ACEA: E7, A3/B3, A3/B4 JASO DH-1, none of which make a lot of sense to me.

Unsure if this has been mentioned, I buy 25 litres from these people c£90 delivered, good service:

15W40 Engine Oil for Kubota Diesel Engines Mineral

Has a lot of fancy numbers which is good enough for me, they may have a more specific product for you.