Yacht Insurance USA

BrianReynolds

Visit site
Hi
We have our boat on the East coast of America.
Because of heavy losses our insurance company (Topsail) has stopped USA insurance. Do forumites have any recommendations or advice. Can we use a USA company? Can we just get third party insurance.
Thank you for any advice.

Brian Reynolds
INGA

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
I don't about 'new' clients, but having had comprehensive with Pantaenius from the Med to the Caribbean we changed to a Third Party Policy and have been on that ever since (USA/back to the Caribbean/Pacific).

If you're looking at Policies written in the USA, be aware that they won't cover you if you want to visit Cuba, you'll need to buy local insurance in addition; the same applies to any health insurance policies.

BrianReynolds

Visit site
Hi BobnLesley
Thx for you reply. We have been to Cuba so do not need that part. Can I get the name of your Third Party insurer? I am aware that USA insurers need to be certified to insure foreign flagged vessels.

Brian Reynolds
INGA

Smiles and Whispers

Visit site
Try Tow Boat US, tel no 800-283-2883 you need to call them if you have GB paperwork. We are UK boat insured with them. No cuba coverage. Anywhere in US at any time. Helpful on phone little long winded with questions.

c.buck

Visit site
Hi
We have our boat on the East coast of America.
Because of heavy losses our insurance company (Topsail) has stopped USA insurance. Do forumites have any recommendations or advice. Can we use a USA company? Can we just get third party insurance.
Thank you for any advice.

Brian Reynolds
INGA

I heard that this was only for hurricane coverage... eitherway, I think you've got to look passed the normal players in the market. I bought a policy through compare yacht insurance .com a couple of months back, and am happy with my level of cover, the price I paid and the lack of hassle that it was.