Yacht instruments network

DaveyG

Visit site
My Raymarine C95 no longer receives wind data, and I have to choose if I want depth or AIS displayed, and the auto autohelm doesn't behave. Tactics displays wind and depth, just not on the plotter.
Appears there is something wrong with my network.
The plotter says "the following devices are preventing data source selection; E22158 Sea Talk STNG converter S/N 0451548.

Any ideas, or guidance on who can look at this sort of thing. Based in Gosport.

Spirit (of Glenans)

Visit site
Your C95 plotter operates on Seatalk ng, which is Raymarine's version of N2K. It also has connectivity for Seatalk ng and NMEA0182 in, according to their published specifications. Your older is older instruments seem to be operating on Seatalk 1 and are connected into the STNG backbone via the E22158 St1 to Stng convertor.
IMHO, the message on your plotter is telling you that there is a malfunction at this part. Examine your instrument wiring, find the convertor and check the integrity of its connections in both directions. It will look like this:
Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalk NG Converter Kit

DaveyG

Visit site
Many thanks Spirit there is one of these in the network, one of the end blue connectors is blanked off. There are also two blue ended tee pieces in the network.
I reseated all of the cables yesterday, maybe the fault is in the converter, or the way I have it wired

DaveyG

Visit site
Thanks captainboo, appears that I've got a 21 in your picture but the AIS is connected via two blue ended tee pieces. Looks like I might need a 21.
Totally guessing, that's why I'm trying to fined someone to take a look, happy to pay in bottles or green stuff

captainboo

Visit site
Have a read of this:- untitled (busse-yachtshop.de) .

It will give some more understanding on how the network is created and the do and dont's in case you have reconnected something wrongly. It might be worthwhile to read the various instruction manuals on the Raymarine support section for the equipment that you have as well to see how it should be/can be connected to the network.

DaveyG

Visit site
Thx cpn boo.
I've been reading stuff like this all day, it's quite simple on paper.
Think I need a new connection design