Yacht choices...

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Hello all,
I’m posting to ask for advice/resources for distilling my choice of boat from the squillions available.

I’m doing my homework right now to look for a suitable vessel as a full time live-aboard.

I’m looking for;
40-60ft LOA
Bridge clearance MUST be less than 59ft
Centre cockpit spacious aft owners cabin
W/ centreline island double bed

Short of traveling through every ad and ruling out contenders I’m wondering if there is a database available online somewhere to help narrow my choices a bit.

Cruising grounds will me mainly Europe/med, but would like to be able to make some blue water passages in a few years too.

When in the UK I’ll Be moored up in a Marina in the river Weaver and further downstream is the height restriction which means I must have an airdraft of no more than 59ft.

If anybody can off guidence it would be much appreciated ???

You could buy mine but she is in Spain and you would have to sail her back - http://www.michaelbriant.com/paw_paw.htm but she fits the rest of the criteria -

Captain_Black

Visit site
She’s absolutely lovely.

But I’m not yet ready to take the plunge (financially) Just dipping a toe in the water and doing my homework for now. Still six months away I think.

But thank you anyway, she certainly looks like a lovely boat.

Sybarite

Visit site
I know that, which is why I am pointing out that their latest boats are not ketches. Ketches died for most when better sail handling came in and removed the one advantage of smaller, more manageable sails if relying on simple manual gear.

Amel have three basic models : two are ketches and one is a sloop.