Yacht broker buys one of his own

D

Deleted member 36384

Makes the Rival 36 in your brokerage expensive.

jonic

www.jryachts.com
She was a good price as the owner is leaving the UK this month......and I shall be adding all new electronics, sails, rigging and engine so the refit will be expensive - but the base boat is excellent.

CoVianna

Visit site
An honest question. As a broker did you "value" the yacht and advise the asking price and negotiation room?

I am an Estate Agent Valuer and we have to jump through many "hoops" if we wish to buy a property we are selling. If I valued it myself it is even more rigorous and advise a third party valuation so my valuation is not called into question.

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
It was the viewings.... Trying to get them arranged was a nitemare.... Jonic would show up as the broker, but jonic the customer had the wrong date... Then when they did get their act together, jonic the broker forgot the keys...

jonic

www.jryachts.com
The boat was valued before we bought her using current soldboat.com data and an average asking price of similar boats across Europe as well as condition and spec. She was in fact valued at more than the owner was wanting and of course there were no fees for him to pay, so he is extremely happy. I had her surveyed and knew that I would be looking at £20-£25k for the re-fit so it was a good deal all round. The owner is also through a mutual friend so discussions were very amicable. I probably will not return what I paid because of the cost of the new gear, but I didn't buy her for that reason. The boat I end up with will be worth it to me.

Last edited: