Yacht Aground in Portsmouth Harbour.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
I've been out to the mooring to check up after the storm and I noticed a yacht approx. 40ft long which has been driven aground high up on the marshes North of Pewit Island. Couldn't get anywhere near it as I only had a rowing dinghy and the tide was falling fast. Approximate postion as below. Probably came adrift from the Hardway SC moorings during Sunday night's storm. Sorry I don't have any more details.

a.jpg

aslabend

Visit site
I was there-abouts this morning and it looks like someone is on the case as it's got an anchor line to the bow to stop it going any further. I imagine it'll be pulled off the mud at a higher tide later in the week. It seems quite happy nestling in the salt grass - from what I could see, no harm done.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
I was there-abouts this morning and it looks like someone is on the case as it's got an anchor line to the bow to stop it going any further. I imagine it'll be pulled off the mud at a higher tide later in the week. It seems quite happy nestling in the salt grass - from what I could see, no harm done.
She's not there this morning so hopefully no harm done.