%$&XZ! Volvo hydraulic steering.

oldgit

Visit site
Changing direction on my princess 33 has been an interesting experience recently.
first of all the autohelm decided to only work when it felt like it and then only at high speeds.Helm requires lots of twirling before enough "pressure' builds up to move outdrives to port or starboard.
Have bled system via lots of helm turning and bleed screws on outdrive ram with no obvious improvement.Have stripped down autohelm pump and removed small amount of junk from valves.Pump appears to whirr away but nothing else happens.no change there..
Am I not fully purging system of air or what,or could it be that the ram moving outdrives is allowing fluid to seep past.
Wild stabs accepted gratefully,afore i have to pay to get it sorted./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Two boats please one here n one in the Med

Col

Visit site
Some of them nedd pressurising with bike pump and will have a schrader valve near the rear end somewhere.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

oldgit

Visit site
I now suspect the ram.Will be removing the bliiming thing in morning.Why does stuff always go wrong on bank hols.esp. poss. very sunny ones.

oldgit

Visit site
All is revealed.The steeering ram is totally knacked,and has got to be rebuilt with new seals.but nothing of course can be done till after bank hols.Sigh.