World's Coolest Boats

dunedin

Visit site

MapisM

Visit site
Is this to everyone’s taste ?
Anything whose design shouts "look at me" is the exact opposite of to everyone's taste.
This is a very basic principle that Turkish builders don't seem to grasp - not just this one.
Proof of the pudding being that the thing can't hold a candle to the Canados in background, even if much older.

Bouba

Visit site
Anything whose design shouts "look at me" is the exact opposite of to everyone's taste.
This is a very basic principle that Turkish builders don't seem to grasp - not just this one.
Proof of the pudding being that the thing can't hold a candle to the Canados in background, even if much older.
I knew you would like the Canados 58..it’s in a lovely state…I was going to photograph it when this piece of art arrived…I’m assuming that all the graphics are wraps and can be peeled off

MapisM

Visit site
Yeah, I guess so.
Not that the overall boat design ain't flashy regardless of wrapping, though!

Portofino

Visit site
Had to look twice initially it’s looked to me those black hull decals were shadows .
Not my cuppa agree with MapishM,
The problem with anything avant grade whilst it might wow a few at launch , grab headlines , turn heads they ( could be boat , car , property et al ) soon date . Curves in particular, too many inc bulges date them .

MapisM

Visit site
Talking of reminiscent, the above job isn't even original.
Just google for Guilty by Rizzardi: 120 or so feet of floating eyesore.
But at least, THAT was original, when she was built.
And outrageous enough to adopt a silly design also in the actual boat structures, not just in the paintwork.
Couldn't be more far from from my taste, but at least she deserves some respect for daring to be so radically different.
Not so for the above Turkish bog.

pmagowan

sites.google.com
The Belafonte
2361-1532336916.jpg

Bouba

Visit site
Luckily they have moved, I would hate to think what might have happened if they discovered it was me who opened them up to all this abuse 🤔😧