work that out....

theforeman

Visit site
"If the project goes ahead, Ark Royal will become the largest artificial reef in the world, only beaten by the former US aircraft carrier Oriskany, which was scuttled off the coast of Florida in 2006.

:confused::confused::confused:

Reverend Ludd

Visit site
"If the project goes ahead, Ark Royal will become the largest artificial reef in the world, only beaten by the former US aircraft carrier Oriskany, which was scuttled off the coast of Florida in 2006.

:confused::confused::confused:

Motor Boats Monthly perhaps ??

Did you know the MBM is the greatest magazine in the world, other than all the others that are better.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
I hate imprecise writing of this nature

So what they actually mean is "it will become the SECOND largest artificial reef in the world"

It's like our sign at work that says

All our coffee is 100% sustainable*
* Excludes decaf

Makes me grind me teeth every time I see it! It should read "Some of our coffee is 100% sustainable" :mad:

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
So they plan to sink thousands of tons of scrap in the sea, which many would regard as "polution"

But call it an "artificial reef" and that makes it okay then?

I recall a lot of complain in the news years back when there were plans to sink a disused oil platform. If only they had come up with the idea of calling it an artificial reef, they would have been allowed to do it.

gerry99

www.freedom.co.uk
I sympathise with you Brigantia. In my job (IT) i get approached by many small vendors claiming to be "the market leading"... "the fastest growing" ... "the world's biggest".... etc. etc.

I ask them to to justify their claims by giving me the metric they use together with the supporting data! Its amazing how many of them are unable to :)

Whiskey Bravo

Visit site
I hate imprecise writing of this nature

So what they actually mean is "it will become the SECOND largest artificial reef in the world"

It's like our sign at work that says

All our coffee is 100% sustainable*
* Excludes decaf

Makes me grind me teeth every time I see it! It should read "Some of our coffee is 100% sustainable" :mad:

Or even'' Not all our coffee is 100% sustainable'' :D

Madhatter

wp.me
So if I sunk an old truck engine with a chain and buoy on but called it an artificial reef that would be OK then?? It would also make Seajets warning about loosing our moorings not so serious ( and keep the doubters happy :rolleyes: )

electrosys

Boston - gateway to the North Sea (and bugger all
Visit site
So - a fair few thousand tons of high quality scrap metal which is currently fetching a premium is to be sunk, rather than be re-cycled - while at the same time millions of car and truck tyres which cannot be so easily re-cycled are being stored on land in huge dumps in the hope that they will evaporate whilst no-one is looking.

If you want an artifical reef - why not sink a few million of Dunlop's finest ? I think they'd make a cracking reef.

Other threads that may be of interest