women friendly courses

Laurin

Visit site
Don't think he's THAT hairy.... though I definitely do not have insider knowledge! I'd still make sure you manage to talk to the actual instructor though instead of lucky (or unlucky) dip.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
have not booked anything yet
mrs s 2 b now wants to do it after the wedding
she seems to think that that is more important for some strange reason
ulimately it is her decision so i am just info gathering.

she is in harvey nicks looking at channell shoes
not sure she is rreally cut out for the privations of liveaboard
*whisper* might have to get a stinky

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

jimi

Visit site
Thats where you think she is! We (Stingo,Mangusta & I) have met up with Lou and are educating her!

<hr width=100% size=1>

FlyingSpud

Visit site
Have a heart, I live in a house with a wife and three teenage daughters, I am the only bloke in my office, sometimes I’ve just gotta to say something a bit chauvinist /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ohdrat

Visit site
I did it with the boys.. ops maybe I should say I did my Coastal practical and Shorebased with the boys .. I was the only woman on board but it was fine .. nobody was offensive or tried to put me down etc.. it was fine. I can reccomend sailaway on Cumbrae on the Clyde.. excellent!

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site
a couple of hours sleep... now theres a luxury!

Last year coming back from La Rochelle we had a bit of a race to get back to Jersey ahead of a gale, and we (SWMBO+2boys+me) sailed all the way from Houat in one leg - 30 odd hours straight sailing in the end. The first 20 hours werent too bad (mind you we didnt leave till after lunch, so it was quite a long stint by then), but by mid morning the following day, I had to rest my eyes. I had 2 x 20 minute sleeps with the autopilot sailing, and clear horizon and radar whilst the crew kept watch, which set me up fine for the final spell.

Having someone truly competent really does make life easier and more interesting - as does someone who sint afraid of galley's under way. Unfortunately SWMBO got a bad bout of anxiety last year, and as a result the boat's on the market, and as soon as a buyer emerges I'm buying a race boat, to sail without the family (apart from beach trips).

<hr width=100% size=1>

FlyingSpud

Visit site
Re: thread drift

Horrible ain’t it?
Do you remember when you were young and spent all your life wondering how to spend more of your time in female company.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
No way you can get her to do the courses? My wife did (and does) suffer from both seasickness and anxiety when at sea, but doing a shorebased dayskipper allowed her to get it all in proportion. She doesn't feel as if the whole thing is out of control because she knows what's going on.

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site
I doubt it - I think we're past that stage...

She was brought up with sailing with her parents, and has done a number of dinghy courses over the years, but perhaps without real commitment or understanding. The anxiety wasn't just to do with boats, but has spread into almost every part of her life. Just at the moment, given the immediate past history, I dont think I would even want her on the boat as I dont believe I could trust her actions - and whilst there is always hope I cant see any sign of her getting significantly well in the foreseeable future - hence the planning to go racing for a few years (I'm keen to do Cowes next year, maybe a European regatta in 2004, and then look at the possibility of some doublehanded racing if the boat proves to be manageable short handed).

We've still got a Squib to take the boys in if they are interested, and I suspect I'll add a RIB - simply as means of commuting to beaches and to watch the starts of some of the big races.

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
I\'ve just been reading

Kens post about Real Men.
As I hardly qualify in that I have porridge, lightly buttered toast and marmalade with China Tea for breakfast, don't wear my Kilt to sail in, do motorsail, don't have dodgers but do have a wheelhouse and fail in so many of the other criteria - I feel fully qualified to take Mrs S2B in hand.
I feel it unfair to charge but there is the old Scottish Custom that the Laird sleeps with the bride - so as I will be the Laird of Claymore on this particular excursion.....

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: I\'ve just been reading

i have made mrs s2b aware of your kind offer

she is currently considering it

she is however concerned that your experience as a motor sailor means that you rely more than most on artifical aids and power, than balls out gutsy sails ropes and knots. she is thus worried you maybe insufficient as a skipper and a laird /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: PP9

is this a spelling mistake
i only say this as your profile clearly misspells Lechery as your profession