Witnessed in AY.EVFIMIA

Visit site
Last week moored there an approx 45/50 foot steel boat, reistered in Gib. flying red ensign, came in a couple of places away from me and next to a very smart Amel45.
Was a masterclass in how NOT to do it, guy at helm screaming at the anchor girl, also stern lines a heap of tangled rope, which another girl was trying to sort out, other 'crew' sitting around, mostly young girls and a dog, plus one other man about 8 in all, origins eastern European.
The boat looked a mess, from stem to stern stuff left everywhere, fenders filthy, some with only rags left of the original socks.
They told dock hands they were not staying, but did until mid afternoon after the two guys and young girls went ashore didn't see where.
When they decided to leave they had a wind on the nose, no attempt was made to control the boat from crossing over the chain of the boat next to them, actually turned 90 deg. over it, with a load bang as their prop cut the 10mm chain, they then turned away trying to recover their anchor, lots were calling to them about the cut chain, which they dragged to the centre of the harbour, they completely ignored everyone and eventually left.
The boat with the cut chain sent for a diver who found the anchor where it had been disentangled from the offending boat, quite what condition their prop must have been in I can't imagine, not that I care having witnessed the worst sort of behaviour in many years.

Visit site
I am also very surprised that they cut the chain! but I saw it when the diver recovered it, just how much damage was done to the prop is speculation, but i would have thought there must have been severe damage, they did seem to motor out ok, did not see the boats name, had davits with tender over the stern, but I can assure you it happened, whether the other owners who were French reported I do not know, but one of my crew is a French speaker so no error in translation.