Wish us luck, sea trial and survey next week....

mitchc

Visit site
We've had the day for the sea trial and haul out for survey confirmed! Next Tuesday is the day....
Hopefully this will be all ok, and they'll be no nasty shocks!
Portview.jpg

mitchc

Visit site
Yeah I agree about the stripes, but SWMBO quite likes them....I'll win in the end!
Main difference as far as I can tell between F43 and 410 and 450 is about £20k!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
"win in the end" ... what is the secret? If SWMBO likes them my advice is to leave them because if they ever come off and she does not like the new look you will never hear the end of it. SWMBO's all have infinite memory.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

best of luck with the sea trial.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
I took the stripes off an S37 few years back, be prepared for lots of elbow grease and up to your neck in cutting paste to get the rest of the boat anything like the same colour as the gleaming white fibreglass behind the stripes.

Good luck with the sea trial, great looking boat.

mitchc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I took the stripes off an S37 few years back, be prepared for lots of elbow grease and up to your neck in cutting paste

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like I'll be diagnosed with "stripe blidness" then! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

D

Deleted User YDKXO

The layout of the 450 is fundamentally the same as the 410/F43 only that the 450 is bigger all round. This is particularly an issue in the aft cabin where head and shoulder room is tight on the 410/F43 whereas it's much better on the 450. Whether this is an issue depends on how big you and your SWMBO are
The 450 also has a hatch window in the transom unlike the 410/F43 which helps the 450 cabin feel lighter and airier
But they're both excellent boats. Two of Sealine's best IMHO

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I like the stripes. Sort of 80's disco look. The 450 is an excellent boat and yours looks well cared for. I hope the seatrial and survey goes well

Sneds

Visit site
Good luck, we are doing the same on Tuesday with a Sealine 260 (no stripes!), but if she had them I'd leave them on 'cos it would be a hell of a job disguising where they had been.
Lovely boat.............

enterprise

Visit site
Agree with stripes off.
Did this to our 240, it made the boat look 10 years younger, it also shows the original lustre which with a compound polisher can be achieved all over in short time.

Add the blue rubbing strip to the hull deck joint & few sealine logo's to finnish it off.

IMO the clean unstriped hull is far better but if they are in good original condition then it might be wise to leave them on, it does require a good deal of polishing to hide the fact they have been removed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif