wiper blade problem

RIN

Visit site
I need to replace the stbd wiper. Apparently they just don't seem to make 700mm wiper blades with the two machine screw fastening onto the pantograph for my jeanneau prestige 32 any more. I can get a 600mm blade from duralite. But would rather have a bigger sweep.

I was wondering whether anyone had any success just buying the rubber inserts and fitting those rather than buying the whole thing. Is this easy and is it robust enough when the sea is coming over the bow?

Cheers
Richard

RIN

Visit site
Thank you Martyn. That's not in the Durite catologue but I may have to buy it. I'm still interested in any replies from anyone who has just replaced the rubber part of the blade as that would be a lot cheaper than the £40 odd for the whole lot.

burgundyben

Visit site
Thank you Martyn. That's not in the Durite catologue but I may have to buy it. I'm still interested in any replies from anyone who has just replaced the rubber part of the blade as that would be a lot cheaper than the £40 odd for the whole lot.

I need new wipers too, I think Firefly625 found some that are all plastic, no change of rusty mess. I'll ask him.

Plum

Visit site
I need to replace the stbd wiper. Apparently they just don't seem to make 700mm wiper blades with the two machine screw fastening onto the pantograph for my jeanneau prestige 32 any more. I can get a 600mm blade from duralite. But would rather have a bigger sweep.

I was wondering whether anyone had any success just buying the rubber inserts and fitting those rather than buying the whole thing. Is this easy and is it robust enough when the sea is coming over the bow?

Cheers
Richard

I modified my arms so I could use standard automotive blades https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2pXHbT6ZkK0dHBlTWdfYXliUDQ/view?usp=drivesdk https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2pXHbT6ZkK0MVBzQjRza19xVG8/view?usp=drivesdk

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Last edited:

Momac

Visit site
I guess a refill rubber would at least provide a temporary solution.

Try motor factors locally to where you live. Especially people who service commercial vehicles.

RIN

Visit site

trooper

Visit site
Hi Trooper. I saw what I think was your 2018 post on the jeanneau owners website and I have been to Vetus Fareham but no luck there. I did pick up a catalogue on my visit and have been through it but still cannot find the right blade. if you still have a link it would really help. Are yours two screw fittings?

Yes - mine are the screw fitting and match the original fitment (doga). Can't find them on the web site anymore but if it helps on my invoice it quotes part no. WBB66H.