Winter storage - Baltic

Ocean Hound

Visit site
Any reccomendations for winter storage in the Southern Baltic and sources for a cover to suit 13x4.5m? Cruising there at the moment and undecided as to whether to leave her in Germany/Denmark/Sweden. Any info greatly appreciated.

G

I can recommend Greifswald and Lubeck in southern Germany (see recent article in YM). Just setting off for Greifswald this afternoon... Places like Stralsund, probably Warnemunde etc. also worth looking at. Former east Germany has noticeably lower prices than west, but still decent services.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Lucky blighter; have a beer at the Alte Fritz

[/ QUOTE ]
Will do! I'll drink one for you too! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

trouville

N/A
Visit site
I asked if i could winter at those ports and i think it was only kroslin that said they would have a place for my small boat!

As for summer everywheres pretty well full,if you arrive around 11.00 you might find a place thats not been reserved.East Germany is definatly far more freindly than Germany,Again when they heard i was sailing a small boat i was told they might have a place for me

All said that if i had a 10m boat or bigger i wouldent find a place either summer or winter???Ive only "asked" not really shown desperation

G

Could be, tho' I took the disorganised approach of turning up at the end of the season, and wasn't turned away yet. Maybe I was just lucky!

Ocean Hound

Visit site
The boat is in Heliginghaven at the moment and we are flying out via Lubeck on Thurs. I hadn't intended to visit Lubeck by boat, but would it be worth taking a detour from the airport by taxi to see the facilities?
Many thanks

jbweston

Visit site
You may be interested to know that the Cruising Association publishes a Baltic Lay-Up Directory, compiled by Laura Gill from members' researches. It's now in its 7th edition (2007).

The CA has a very active Baltic Section made up of members who keep their boats there or who like to cruise there. It has an active programme of events both in the UK and Baltic. It is planning a major rally in Copenhagen in 2008, its centenary year.