Winter haul out options east coast

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Yes, 36’08” with a beam of 12’06” and draft of 5’03”. I remember the hoist they used at Mariners Farm and in retrospect I’d be surprised that they could accommodate the boat anyway, but many thanks for the suggestion. No rush for the time being and things are looking more and more positive with the move to Broadstairs.

lydiamight

Visit site
Medway Yacht Club used to have a facility for non-members to have their boats lifted and stored over winter. From memory they had a "temporary member" arrangement that enabled you to use their facilities whilst your boat was over-wintered. Might be with enquiring if they still provide that service .

lydiamight

Visit site
Just checked on The Medway Yacht Club website---they show something called "Winter berthing membership" at a cost of £130.00 so it would appear that they still offer the service to non-members. You will have to pay extra for the lift each way on their travel hoist and also for the actual winter storage.

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Many thanks lydiamight currently they’re very local and on the face of your post looks a good option. I’ll call in and have a chat with them. Thanks again all.

xyachtdave

Visit site
Many thanks lydiamight currently they’re very local and on the face of your post looks a good option. I’ll call in and have a chat with them. Thanks again all.

Why not join and get the full works, mooring, trot boat, winter storage, cradle hire if required, scrubbing on the trolley over and done in an hour etc etc. I'd heard Mariners Farm was keen on motorhomes and caravans these days and less so on boats.

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Thank’s Dave, Catanou (Roger) has regaled the merits of MYC to me for some years and there is a lot on offer there. However, I’m now on a waiting list for Ramsgate and hoping to get a berth there. Especially as I’m moving house down to Broadstairs in the next few weeks - hopefully. But getting a berth there is not a given, so just trying to cover my basis a little should it be necessary.
So, if things don’t pan out with Ramsgate this winter, I know the Medway well and would be prepared to haul her out up here if necessary and MYC maybe a consideration. Thanks again