Winter Hardstand Samos or Similar

Perrycas

Visit site
Hi i hope this has not been covered before i have looked - without a result.
I would like to haul out and leave an 8m cat in the winter somewhere in the Greek Islands or for that matter somewhere/anywhere 'affordable' (It doesn't have to be fancy) in the Med. I mention Samos in the title bar as i do have some connections (non boating) there and I am hoping i can find a permanent arrangement. Nice to build local contacts. All ideas, advice and insults appreciated.
Cheers
Perry

De.windhoos

Visit site
Hi i hope this has not been covered before i have looked - without a result.
I would like to haul out and leave an 8m cat in the winter somewhere in the Greek Islands or for that matter somewhere/anywhere 'affordable' (It doesn't have to be fancy) in the Med. I mention Samos in the title bar as i do have some connections (non boating) there and I am hoping i can find a permanent arrangement. Nice to build local contacts. All ideas, advice and insults appreciated.
Cheers
Perry

I find samos marina quite expensive with poor facilities. Have a look at Leros, either the marina, or the yards on the north end of the island.

Perrycas

Visit site
I wasn't holding out for Samos Marina.There is another poster who has been pretty scathing about them. Perhaps i am cynical but my feeling is that these sort of places are really only interested in folks with who like things 'nice' and can afford it. No offence intended to them, its just not me.
I did contact Samos, however, earlier last week, and got a reply (!) last night. They wrote to tell me that they had a 'special offer' of €1.5K per 6 months Haul out & Hardstand 'without technical service' (basically a wash i think) and €1.250K for the same with 'technical service'. They also didnt mention if this was specifically for my boat or if it was for all sizes - it wasn't written well. Go figure.
I have been trying to contact the boatyards in Leros think i will have to ring.
P

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I am fairly certain that Artemis will be the cheapest on Leros. Lerosboatyardltd.com although it just might be that the ex-Agmar yard under new ownership might be offering good rates to build the business up. Can't help with contacts there.

Perrycas

Visit site
OK thanks all for your information.
what i found for an 8m cat.

Samos has a 'special' offer €1250 with life/launch (L&L) &7 months hardstand not sure about a pressure wash.
Nereus in Rhodes was €165 p/m L&L 226 inc wash
Agmar@Leros i still haven't heard from
Artemis @ Leros around €1200 Per annum inc L&L

Fee page from Latakia Yacht club - Latakia is a govt and naval stronghold its pretty stable? safe, but they don't seem to do hard stand. http://www.syrianyachtclub.com/fees.html

I specified 12 months to Artemis as it was a round number and I am not sure about my first year anyway. Artemis stressed they have no fixed charges, but the longer you stay the cheaper it gets. None of these were hard to find on the net but if you contact Artemis by email use the 'booking' tab, they got back to me in 12 hrs. I tried the 'contact' tab and waited - without an answer.

I am feeling a bit more confident about taking all this on at this point, but now am concerned i might have to look for a closer stay for my first year to where i might emerge from the canal system of France, as i am unsure of how long I will have or how long it might take me to get across to the Eastern med. Weather changes. As do circumstances.
Thanks for all your help.

JFowler

Visit site
Beware- Agmar (Moor & Dock) can’t lift Cats, though that doesn’t stop them making an offer and taking a deposit!
Artemis use a hydraulic trailer so have no such problem.

wwalsh

Visit site
Samos marina uses outside contractor Aris for crane services when required instead of their travelift. He does not use spreader for lifting cats and that is not a recommended method.