Wind generator charge regulator

mireland

Visit site
I have an old but very functional Aerogen (LVM)100 wind generator but no charge regulator. The regulator produced by Marlec for the Rutland generators looks ideal but would it be OK with my Aerogen? Anyone throw any light on this? The Marlec is a great price compared to the LVM versions. Cheers

Heckler

Visit site
I have an old but very functional Aerogen (LVM)100 wind generator but no charge regulator. The regulator produced by Marlec for the Rutland generators looks ideal but would it be OK with my Aerogen? Anyone throw any light on this? The Marlec is a great price compared to the LVM versions. Cheers
Ive got an old functional reg off an oldish wind gennie, £15? inc post
Stu

C

catalac08

If there are only 2 wires from the wind generator + and - then the Marlec should work-I have one of each type of these regulators and they are very good. The cheaper one has a stationery position where the blades rotate very slowly and the dearer one also has a two battery bank monitoring display which is good for battery management.

Heckler

Visit site
See if mireland wants it but if not i might be interested if it would work with aero4gen?
This is a thing I bought of a forumite years ago, never used it, as you do! All I can remember is that it came off an old windy, cant remember the type. Its got 3 wires, one negative is the common with a red in and an orange out, no name on the heat sink, about 4 inches square
Stu

Heckler

Visit site
This is a thing I bought of a forumite years ago, never used it, as you do! All I can remember is that it came off an old windy, cant remember the type. Its got 3 wires, one negative is the common with a red in and an orange out, no name on the heat sink, about 4 inches square
Stu
Now sold to Mike
Stu

SailJonah

Visit site
I have a regulator. Brand new, Never used

All. i have a Wind reglator, brand new suitable for a 12volt DC wind generator upto 20 amps. it will also connect in a solar panel and also has the facility to connect to a dump load when the batteries are fully charged. £45 if anyone is interested. It must be mounted INSIDE. Have the wiring diagrams and a very keeky set of instructions on how it opperates.

Bought in my error as my Wind Generator turned out to be AC not DC! Now ia have to buy a different regulator!