Winchrite electric winch handle

cliveshelton

Visit site
I have inherited one of these from a friend's yacht. They get good reviews online and I am keen to try it out.
However, this one has a fault which first needs to be addressed.
The battery charges fully (I have checked the voltage) and the chuck moves slowly when the trigger is squeezed a little way in. When it is pressed fully in (ie max revolutions) the chuck stops spinning. I have once or twice managed to squeeze the trigger in very slowly and gradually and the rotation keeps increasing to maximum, but it is not reliable.
Any ideas? I have the unit opened up and there is nothing obviously out of place. The voltage from the trigger mechanism increases as the trigger is squeezed and so I don't suspect the potentiometer (?)
Perhaps someone else has come across this issue and discovered a way to fix it?
Cheers.

explores

Visit site
My friend bought a new one.It was ok for a time but gave up after a short time.Sent it back to the makers,and they send it back with there latest modifications,no charge. Works lovely now.

cliveshelton

Visit site
My friend bought a new one.It was ok for a time but gave up after a short time.Sent it back to the makers,and they send it back with there latest modifications,no charge. Works lovely now.

This one is probably well out of warranty. The gear box looks a bit wobbly (it works) but I am confident its an electrical fault.

stuartwineberg

Visit site
This one is probably well out of warranty. The gear box looks a bit wobbly (it works) but I am confident its an electrical fault.

Although this sounds electrical, the early ones had dud gearboxes and are being replaced foc. The dealer who is based at deacons boatyard in swanwick is extremely helpful and easy to deal with. Give him a call

whyboats

Visit site
Hi there, my name is Ian Watkins and I am the UK distributor. By the sound of it the battery has died. It can be replaced with an uprated battery with double the original capacity by a firm called Motorsavers in Corby. Email Nick Brown a1motorsavers@gmail.com and he will be able to quote you.

cliveshelton

Visit site
Hi there, my name is Ian Watkins and I am the UK distributor. By the sound of it the battery has died. It can be replaced with an uprated battery with double the original capacity by a firm called Motorsavers in Corby. Email Nick Brown a1motorsavers@gmail.com and he will be able to quote you.

Very useful, thanks. I have asked for a price.
Does anyone know where replacement gearboxes are available and how much they might be? Since I didnt buy this handle and it is probably 6-7 years old, I doubt if it could be done foc as suggested.
Thanks.