William Osborne History.

alan006

Visit site
I have a 1946 Osborne Eagle and got some helpfull information from the web. If you look under Yahoo User Groups and search for Osborne Owners Club you should be able to find it. There are several very helpful people on there.
I hope this helps.
What I've noticed on my old girl is that a lot of the fittings are 2nd war naval fittings, presumably being used up from stock they had at the time.

yarco

Visit site
Ratafia

Thought I would pass on a few details just in case you do not have them from the Lloyd's Regisiter of Yachts 1960.

Ratafia - Registration No 300334, owned by R B Mitchell of Poole, Length 30' OA, 28' WL, builders and designers William Osborne Ltd of Littlehampton in 1942. Oil engine 6cy. Perkins '42.

There are about 40 other William Osbourne boats in the register which is far too many to list. Good luck with you search.

Latestarter1

Visit site
I owned Lady Minette from 1977 until very early 1990's.

She had twin Morris Vedettes, big twin rudders, NOBODY could beat us in boat handling.

Good to see she is in such cracking order. http://www.hscboats.co.uk/website/prdladyminette.htm Year of build is incorrect should be 1949.

Not long after I purchased Lady M I went down to Osbournes. I was introduced to Mr Osboune Jnr. A tall distinguished old man wearing white brogues. I was treated as a distinguished visitor and shown latest lifeboat in build.

I am no gasoline engine man and longed to be able to afford replacing the Vedettes with a pair of nice small Japanese motors. Well she was re-engined in the end but not by me.

Last edited:

Latestarter1

Visit site
Here is Lady Minette on tidal Thames cruise in the 1970's little change over the years.

I still have a NEW Morris Vedette manifold which was part of spare ships gear, any interest?

Last edited:

Latestarter1

Visit site
Hi Latestarter have you any more pictures and we can add them to the owners club website

I handed everything over to the new owner with the exeption of the one I posted I am afraid.

However Mr Osborne gave me a lovely black and white picture of the vessel on sea trials. I passed this on. The broker tells me that she has this photgraph in her possession, see no reason why she should not send the club a copy.